Security University - How do they stack up?

<<

oldgrue

Post Tue Jul 05, 2011 4:04 am

Security University - How do they stack up?

Hope everyone enjoyed their weekend!
Got to meet the CEO of Security University over the weekend - charming lady and highly motivated to sell her company's services.

But the meat of the question - How many of you have taken their courses and what was your opinion of their classes?
<<

millwalll

Post Wed Jul 06, 2011 5:14 pm

Re: Security University - How do they stack up?

In all honest I have not heard of it until I saw this post. There does seem to be course on security popping up all over the place. I would say stick to the well know certificates least they going to be recognized by companies. The course for the security university maybe really good but if no company see them as valid it might be waste money.
<<

venom77

Post Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:27 pm

Re: Security University - How do they stack up?

They have been brought up in discussion here in the past. Do a search and you should find some posts.

In my opinion, they seem like a "copycat" organization. They seem to try and mirror whatever certifications are out there and come up with their own "qualified" version. I can only assume the content is similar to the others since they typically say you'll be able to pass that one as well. I've never seen a job posting asking for any of their certifications and have never met anyone that holds one of their certifications. That being said, I have no interest in anything they put out at this time.

Return to General Certification