Post Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:00 pm

Security Consultant Positions Available

EDIT: I think I might have put this in the wrong place. Don please move it if that is the case.

Hello Everyone,

The company I work for has some open positions for Security Professionals at varying levels. On the low end (job description posted below), we are looking for people with basic pen-testing experience. On the high end, Pen-testing experience, Project Management, Sales and experience managing large scale environment. Locations vary and travel is required but varies greatly (I hardly ever travel).

Please send all inquiries through me, from what I have heard, the website is a black hole for resumes (I am sure everyone has experience that before).

JOB DESCRIPTION
OVERALL RESPONSIBILITY

The Senior Consultant has primary responsibility for direct supervision of Consultants in developing and executing Information Security project work plans.  The Senior Consultant has direct, client-facing engagement responsibilities.  Serving as both role model and trainer, the Senior Consultant demonstrates the attributes of excellent client service and assists team members in developing technical and professional competency. The Senior Consultant learns to identify areas of IT risk in the client environment and opportunities to help them to improve information security, and business processes.
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS

Prior project management  and supervisory skills ideal
   Ability to work in a team environment and foster client relationships
   Understanding of the importance of business ethics
   Sound job administration skills
   Above-average written and verbal communication skills, including documentation of findings and recommendations
   Analytical skills
   Ability to handle highly confidential information in a strictly professional manner
   Ability to maintain professional demeanor in times of high stress
   Develop and apply proficiency with Protiviti policies and methodologies
   Apply understanding of business processes and technical skills to successful completion of projects
   Develop understanding of project requirements and client’s business

TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
Required:

Proficiency in utilization of information security tools such as Nessus, Kismet, Airsnort, NMAP, Ethereal, WebInspect and Nikto, and manual techniques to exploit vulnerabilities in the OWASP top 10 including but not limited too cross-site scripting, SQL injections, session hi-jacking and buffer overflows to obtain controlled access to target systems
   Ability to perform network traffic forensic analysis, utilizing packet capturing software, to isolate malicious network behavior, inappropriate network use or identification of insecure network protocols
   3+ years hands on experience in one or more of the following Operating Systems: Windows Server 2003/2000/NT, Linux and UNIX
   3+ years practical experience in TCP/IP Networking
   A diverse skill base in both Information Systems and Information Security which address organizational structure and administration practices, system development and maintenance procedures, system software and hardware controls, security and access controls, computer operations, environmental protection and detection, and backup and recovery procedures
   Attack and Penetration experience in testing of Internet infrastructure and Web-based applications utilizing manual and automated tools
   Knowledge of information system architecture and security controls (i.e. firewall and border router configurations, operating systems configurations, wireless architectures, databases, specialized appliances and information security policies and procedures)

Preferred:

Application source code security review skills
   3+ years of experience in one or more of the following Database Environments: Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle, Sybase, DB2 and MySQL
   Experience with programming languages such as Java, C, C++, C#, and .NET
   Knowledge of Industry Standards, e.g., ISO 17799/27001, NIST Publications and other Industry Related Security Standards
   Knowledge of Industry Regulations, e.g., Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA), Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA), Payment Card Industry (PCI) or Corporate Compliance
   Consulting experience in Information Security

EDUCATIONAL & PROFESSIONAL CREDENTIALS

Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline (Computer Information Systems, Information System Technologies, Management Information Systems)
   Minimum GPA 3.0
   3+ years in a related field, preferably in professional services and/or industry
   Professional Certification such as CISSP, CISM, GSEC, GIAC, CEH, CPT are strongly preferred

ABILITY TO TRAVEL

The position requires up to 40% out-of-town travel to client locations
Last edited by jsm725 on Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CISSP, PCI-QSA, OSWP