(ISC)2 CSSLP

<<

johndkent

Post Fri Jul 01, 2011 7:38 am

(ISC)2 CSSLP

Has anyone taken the Certified Secure Software Lifecycle Professional (CSSLP) exam?  The Official (ISC)2 Guide to the CSSLP has finally been published so I'm planning to do some self-study (the class at TakeDownCon Dallas was cancelled, unfortunately).  I was curious about your impression of the difficulty of the exam and your assessment of the benefit of the knowledge gained from preparation.

Thank you
<<

csfergu

Post Thu Aug 11, 2011 7:22 am

Re: (ISC)2 CSSLP

I have not taken it yet but plan to do so in the next two months. I did pick up the official guide and have been working through it. Debating whether or not the official practice exams are worth the price.
MCITP: Database Administrator 2008
MCITP: Database Developer 2008
MCPD: .NET Framework 3.5, ASP.NET Applications
MCPD: .NET Framework 4.0, Web Developer
Comptia A+ Certified Technician
<<

tturner

Post Thu Aug 11, 2011 7:50 am

Is it more focused on the SDLC or does it cover more technical topics in detail? Common programming mistakes, validating inputs, etc? I've had my eye on http://www.sans.org/security-training/d ... s-1442-mid (obviously focused on web apps) but am also curious about CSSLP and other offerings.
Certifications:
CISSP, CISA, GPEN, GWAPT, GAWN, GCIA, GCIH, GSEC, GSSP-JAVA, OPSE, CSWAE, CSTP, VCP

WIP: Vendor WAF stuff

http://sentinel24.com/blog @tonylturner http://bsidesorlando.org
<<

csfergu

Post Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:10 am

It is primarily focused on the SDLC and where security fits in. The official book does mention the more technical topics like SQLi, validation, etc., but it is brief and the focus is more on the high-level SDLC topics.
MCITP: Database Administrator 2008
MCITP: Database Developer 2008
MCPD: .NET Framework 3.5, ASP.NET Applications
MCPD: .NET Framework 4.0, Web Developer
Comptia A+ Certified Technician
<<

amol_d

Post Wed Dec 26, 2012 1:44 am

Just passed CSSLP. I am glad i took it. The format and quetion structure is very similar to CISSP as you would expect (ie you either know or you dont, not like CISA where they play arround with the English language to make it trickier)
I think it is very very relevant to those who are into secure SDLC. While going through the material I already got a ton of tips on what i should be doing to making my info-sec reviews better. I from studied the ISC2 official guide to CSSLP .
OSCP CISSP CSSLP CISA
<<

amol_d

Post Wed Dec 26, 2012 1:46 am

ALso, quite liked the Pearson-Vue centers and format. Very different from the CISSP i took 5 years ago where you mark circles with a pencil. Now they have computerized tests, instant results and noise cancelling earphones. cool! 8)
OSCP CISSP CSSLP CISA

Return to Security