The Open Penetration Testing Bookmarks Project

<<

Jhaddix

Post Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:49 am

The Open Penetration Testing Bookmarks Project

Hey Guys/Gals,

Just in case you hadn't seen this, a couple months back I started a open source penetration testing bookmarks set! it has been contributed to by a lot of really good testers and we will begin version 1.6 in the coming weeks which will add a ton of stuff... Here's the info:

The Open Penetration Testing Bookmarks Collection

...is just that, a collection of handy bookmarks I initially collected that aid me in my day to day work or I find in the course of research. They are not all inclusive and some sections need to be parsed but they are all good reference materials. I find having this Hackery folder in Firefox an easy way to reference syntax, tricks, methods, and generally facilitate and organize research.

Opening it up to everyone will facilitate a knowledge transfer. Hopefully the initial set will grow and expand.

Who?:

Started by Jason Haddix of HP's Application Security Center. Edited and managed by Nathan Drier of Trustwave SpiderLabs division and James Fitts of Strategic Security.

Work and contributions also by:

David Shaw of Redspin Penetration Testing @ownpile

Rob Fuller of Rapid7 @mubix

How it's working atm:
First off, we need help. OCD organizational people and people who can contribute or sort out the best links. Comment on the wiki if you wanna pitch in. Free beer at con's ;)

The whole bookmarks html file is ready for import to firefox off of the downloads section. As people submit new links we will add them and restructure the categories as they expand. Otherwise the wiki page should have all the links piecemeal should you not decide to download the whole folder (which is lame).

How to submit your bookmarks:
Since a bookmarks file is not really what you usually use a code repository for we opted just to use the download and wiki sections of google code.

If you have suggestions or a few links to submit, leave a comment on the wiki page.

Not all links submitted will be added.

If you think you have a large set of bookmarks you think can contribute email us and we might add you to the contributors section.

http://code.google.com/p/pentest-bookmarks/
<<

lorddicranius

Post Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:58 am

Re: The Open Penetration Testing Bookmarks Project

It's been linked to quite a few times that I've seen around the forums, great project!  And thanks for the update, I look forward to seeing the new additions.
GSEC, eCPPT, Sec+
<<

millwalll

Post Thu Jun 30, 2011 6:46 am

Hi Jhaddix,

Please have a look my site see if you think its worth adding. My site mainly for new people to pen testing I have some videos, review or course and lots of links.

http://www.jamierougive.co.uk/
<<

don

Administrator
Administrator

Post Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:18 pm

Thanks for the inclusion of EH-Net. Although we're happy that many of you find the forums very valuable, we do consider ourselves to be an online magazine with our articles, calendars, etc. in addition to the forums.

Just saying...  ;)

Don
CISSP, MCSE, CSTA, Security+ SME
<<

rattis

Post Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:09 pm

I like reading the rest of the site too.. but the forum is the most happening part.

Don speaking of the rest of the site what happened to the links for the amazon store?
OSWP, Sec+
<<

don

Administrator
Administrator

Post Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:22 pm

Not to hijack the thread, but State of Illinois' new tax policy made Amazon kill all affiliate program members in the state.  >:(

I started doing some links with B&N. Looking at options for moving EH-Net book store.

Don
CISSP, MCSE, CSTA, Security+ SME
<<

JollyJokker

Post Fri Jul 01, 2011 4:28 am

Jason, this is an awesome initiative. I have even created a post about it.
http://h0rdakk.wordpress.com/

Thanks, I'll try and contribute!
<<

El33tsamurai

Post Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:38 am

Thanks alot man this is great!
CCENT, A+, Network+, Security+

Return to Network Pen Testing