CEH Training / Exam - My Experiences

<<

stevechol2

Post Fri Oct 13, 2006 1:03 pm

CEH Training / Exam - My Experiences

I recently did the C|EH at a bootcamp type course run by The Training Camp in England.  You can read my day by day experiences on my blog: http://stevechol.livejournal.com/  the first post is entitled 'CEH 1: Day Zero: Orientation Day'.  I hope this is of interest to someone
CITP FIAP C|EH Network+ Security+ MBCS FInstCPD
<<

don

Administrator
Administrator

Post Fri Oct 13, 2006 2:22 pm

Re: CEH Training / Exam - My Experiences

Nice set of posts. They have some excellent trainers at The Training Camp. Could you elaborate a little more on how Dan Newman was as an instructor? His demeanor, teaching style, energy, etc.

Welcome to EH-Net, and we look forward to hearing more about your adventures in security land,
Don
CISSP, MCSE, CSTA, Security+ SME
<<

stevechol2

Post Fri Oct 13, 2006 6:12 pm

Re: CEH Training / Exam - My Experiences

I'm glad you liked the posts. It was an effort to do them each day with everything going on but I was determined to document my experiences :-)

Dan Newman:  He is an American now living in the UK, an ex US Marine.  He was  *exactly* what we British expect to see from an American Marine or Navy Seal/Special Forces type soldier.  Our conditioning comes of course from the movies and Dan fits the stereotype.  He looks relatively young, fit and is an extremely likeable and friendly individual.

His teaching style is fast and energetic and passionate, but thorough and his undertstanding of his subject is phenomenal.  He engages you in the subject and adds humour and interest to even some of the duller topics.

On a couple of occasions he stopped everthing for 10 minutes and showed humourous videos on the projector which was an unexpected and valued break.

I cannot recommend him highly enough.  I have booked for teh ECSA and L|PT combined course for January and he is I believe teaching that one also.

Cheers - Steve
CITP FIAP C|EH Network+ Security+ MBCS FInstCPD

Return to CEH - Certified Ethical Hacker