Social-Engineer Toolkit (SET) v1.5 “Convergence Edition” Released

<<

don

Administrator
Administrator

Post Tue Jun 21, 2011 3:43 pm

Social-Engineer Toolkit (SET) v1.5 “Convergence Edition” Released

I’m proud to announce that the Social-Engineer Toolkit (SET) v1.5 “Convergence Edition” has officially been released. This release adds new Metasploit client-side exploits and more granularity around the SET interactive shell. One of the main accomplishments in this version is the cross-compatibility of the SET interactive shell which now supports Windows, OSX, and *NIX. Interesting enough it does smart detection based on platform and leverages the same codebase when triggering payloads. Overall this has been several months of development getting the interactive shell to a point to where it’s stable and supports multiple operating systems.

For more info:
http://www.secmaniac.com/june-2011/the- ... -released/

don
CISSP, MCSE, CSTA, Security+ SME
<<

jsm725

Post Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:13 pm

Re: Social-Engineer Toolkit (SET) v1.5 “Convergence Edition” Released

The shear number of potential attacks and ease in which SET executes them scares the living crap out of me. You can protect your network all you want, but end users will almost always be the weakest link. Protect your network from your users!!!!
CISSP, PCI-QSA, OSWP
<<

hayabusa

Post Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:58 pm

R3l1k never ceases to amaze me with his updates.  Should be fun to test the new stuff.
~ hayabusa ~ 

"All men can see these tactics whereby I conquer, but what none can see is the strategy out of which victory is evolved." - Sun Tzu, 'The Art of War'

OSCE, OSCP , GPEN, C|EH
<<

El33tsamurai

Post Sat Jun 25, 2011 1:30 pm

jsm725 wrote:The shear number of potential attacks and ease in which SET executes them scares the living crap out of me. You can protect your network all you want, but end users will almost always be the weakest link. Protect your network from your users!!!!

This is why you must have awareness training all the time :-D.
CCENT, A+, Network+, Security+

Return to Social Engineering