Do you get 3 chances to pass your comptia network+ exam?

<<

JayOni

Post Fri Jun 17, 2011 1:14 pm

Do you get 3 chances to pass your comptia network+ exam?

I was told by my teacher that you get 3 chances to pass the compTIA network+ exam, however I'm not about to waste almost 250$ on the off chance shes wrong its been a long time since shes had to take it and our class is the first ones to be offered network+ in the school.....

So im sort of confused about it, I called the place I was going to make my appointment for and they gave me the number to call Prometric, then prometric said "I can't tell you without a voucher number". So now im confused. I need to take it monday I was going to take it today but thats not going to happen. I need a quick response so I can get this done quickly before seats fill up and I have to wait for Tuesday.

Also if I have to get a pay voucher does that mean im paying for the exam $230 -$250 plus the voucher?
<<

rattis

Post Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:18 pm

Re: Do you get 3 chances to pass your comptia network+ exam?

30 seconds on Google....

Anyway. If it's for a class she might have put a limit on how many times you can take it and get credit for it.

When I did the Sec+ there was no limit on how many times you could take it, but they would make you wait.

I didn't use a voucher. I paid online, and played.
OSWP, Sec+
<<

JayOni

Post Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:51 pm

I was trying to look around google for the info couldnt find it must of not been looking with the right words i guess. And no its not for the class im talking about the accual comptia network+ exam. The class I took didn't offer a voucher.

Just to be a little bit more clear when i say take it 3 time I mean If you paid for it and failed it once you dont have to pay for it again. (3 time to pass it)
Last edited by JayOni on Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

ziggy_567

Post Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:10 am

Retests are not free.

Your voucher is basically a ticket to take the test. You do not pay for the voucher in addition to an entrance fee. The two are one in the same.
--
Ziggy

eCPPT - GSEC - GCIH - GWAPT - GCUX - RHCE - SCSecA - Security+ - Network+
<<

Ignatius

Post Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:00 am

I don't recall having the opportunity of upto two free chances if I had fluffed it first time around, but it was quite some time ago!  Quite honestly though, Network+ is a straightforward exam so, if you have some practical experience and have taken a class, I would be surprised if you would have any problems.  I hope that I'm not tempting fate for you by making that statement!

Good luck with the exam.
<<

jbt52

Post Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:46 am

Some training providers have a guarantee, and they will let you retake for free, so if you are unsure you might want to go that route.
<<

Joshsevo

Post Tue Oct 25, 2011 5:39 pm

Any idea who?  I know infosec institute will allow you to retake the class for free but you have to pay for the test.
Security+, Network+, C|EH, CHFI, CPT

Return to Networking