Exchange material

<<

Ninja

Post Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:30 am

Exchange material

is it possible to exchange material here, if yes, which section i can ask.

regards
<<

don

Administrator
Administrator

Post Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:35 am

Re: Exchange material

Can you be more specific?

Don
CISSP, MCSE, CSTA, Security+ SME
<<

Ninja

Post Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:26 am

I attended SANS web app penetration ver 2010 and I have high quality scanned pdf, I need to exchange with SANS material which is not available on the internet which is also new version, is it allowed.

Thanks,

Cheers!
<<

Data_Raid

Post Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:23 am

In before the lock ... or delete  ;)
All men by nature desire knowledge.

Aristotle
<<

tturner

Post Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:35 am

From the Courseware License Agreement on page one of the SEC542 book:

...The SANS Institute hereby grants User a non-exclusive license to use the material contained in this courseware subject to the terms of this agreement. User may not copy, reproduce, re-publish, distribute, display, modify or create derivative works based upon all or any portion of this publication in any medium whether printed, electronic or otherwise, for any purpose without the express written consent of the SANS Institute.

You've already violated this license agreement, now you are seeking to do it again and involve others in your violation. I would say the answer is no, but I'm not a moderator so I can't speak for the site.
Certifications:
CISSP, CISA, GPEN, GWAPT, GAWN, GCIA, GCIH, GSEC, GSSP-JAVA, OPSE, CSWAE, CSTP, VCP

WIP: Vendor WAF stuff

http://sentinel24.com/blog @tonylturner http://bsidesorlando.org
<<

Ninja

Post Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:49 am

I am sorry for this post, you are right but as you know SANS material is very very expensive and I don't want to upload this as free but i hoped to exchange it to get another one, as you might know that knowledge should be shared and if there is a license should be with low cost so every one can respect the license agreement and can purchase the material without upload or exchange. as you might know vivek which introduce multiple learning video as free and he he is absolutely right when he say that knowledge should be free and if there is any cost should be low for all to get learn
anyhow,
moderator have the right to close this thread
Last edited by Ninja on Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
<<

hayabusa

Post Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:55 am

Ninja...

I replied to you on PM, as I was doing a little "social engineering."  You have a history of asking for trades and such, and having already been warned (a little digging on your email shows you posted here, last October, as sans2010, for braindumps, and were told, at that time, not to be asking for such, here, as it's both unethical and illegal.)  I won't share with others the list you replied to me with, in PM, regarding what you have, but let this serve notice that if this continues, I'll definitely report you to the certifying bodies, in question, as you've obviously continued, despite previous warnings, to copy / distribute.

Please take this as a final, 'nice' warning, and start doing things the right way.

Good luck, and good fortunes.
~ hayabusa ~ 

"All men can see these tactics whereby I conquer, but what none can see is the strategy out of which victory is evolved." - Sun Tzu, 'The Art of War'

OSCE, OSCP , GPEN, C|EH
<<

Ninja

Post Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:06 am

thank you for your advice and appreciated,
<<

MaXe

Post Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:28 pm

If you get caught doing this, then you will most likely be stripped for all GIAC certifications, and any future role within SANS, etc. You will also not be able to do any future GIAC certification, as well most likely.

I advise you to think twice, before doing any kind of copyright violation.  :)
Last edited by MaXe on Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm an InterN0T'er

Return to Tutorials