Just saying Hello

<<

SithLord2K

Post Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:13 pm

Just saying Hello

I just wanted to say Hello. I'm researching and getting as much reading and info in that I can. Anything that has to do with Information Security. I'm not new to the computer field, I have some computer repair background. I have basic visual basic, html and php coding skill. I have been tinkering with Backtrack 4 and I am in the process of downloading Backtrack 5. I'm looking into training for penetration testing and security auditing. I have used some of the Digital Forensics tools in BT4 to recover lost files from a hard drive her "tech" couldn't recover them from. This was because he had deleted the partition.

I have been looking around this site for a little while and I have enjoyed the articles and forums. I look forward to readin and posting more.
<<

rattis

Post Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:49 am

Re: Just saying Hello

Welcome to the forum. You'll find some lists of books that some of us swear by. Some of the pinned topics include what different members think are key skills to have.

sounds like you've already done some of the fun stuff (at least what i think is the fun stuff).

Don't just rely on the tools that come pre-packaged. Spend some time understanding what they're doing for you.
OSWP, Sec+
<<

hayabusa

Post Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:28 pm

Welcome, SithLord2K!  I'm sure you'll enjoy it here.  If you can't find what you want, already posted, folks here are great at lending info from their experiences and expertise areas.
~ hayabusa ~ 

"All men can see these tactics whereby I conquer, but what none can see is the strategy out of which victory is evolved." - Sun Tzu, 'The Art of War'

OSCE, OSCP , GPEN, C|EH
<<

El33tsamurai

Post Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:08 pm

Welcome
CCENT, A+, Network+, Security+
<<

SithLord2K

Post Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:45 pm

Thank you all for the warm welcome. I'm looking forward to learning as much as I can about everything to do with IT Security. I finished reading The Art of Intrusion recently and it has only increased my desire to learn. I have been doing as much research that I can on all the topics relating to this field. I'm enjoying every minute of it. The more I learn the more I crave to learn. When I use a tool in Backtrack I then look up information to see how it's working and what it's doing. I love it.

Return to Greetings