Breakpoint pls help !

How to hack a computer that is not on my network using backtack?

Using BackTrack
No votes
Using Ubuntu
100%

Total votes : 1
<<

Mannol

Post Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:26 pm

Breakpoint pls help !

The question is simple. How to hack a computer that is not on my network; how to connect to it etc. I.e. I have an IP from my friend in USA but im from russia, how can i hack him, using BackTrack ofc? And pls tell me hacking is not limited to a network.
<<

rattis

Post Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:40 pm

Re: Breakpoint pls help !

I'm all for people setting up little networks to play around with each other on.

But in your case, you have to worry about:
1) did he give you a real address
2) was it really his address, or is it a trap?
3) what are the policies of the networks involved.

As for your questions, a lot of books talk about how to do that.
OSWP, Sec+
<<

Mannol

Post Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:49 pm

Let's say it's real and I have permission to hack him. I just cant find how. I was googlin' a couple of days and didn't find shit. As for those book's can you tell me which are those?
<<

TheXero

Post Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:16 am

I agree with chrisj on this one

I suppose it goes down to how well you know the other person, but to be on topic it is all completely possible

Think about the possible laws in the US and Russia though, they have been quite stern recently with China recently with attacks
<<

Mannol

Post Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:41 am

That's ok (the law and stuff) but i still don't know how to it. Can someone point me to the right direction?  ???
<<

MaXe

Post Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:20 am

Mannol wrote:The question is simple. How to hack a computer that is not on my network; how to connect to it etc. I.e. I have an IP from my friend in USA but im from russia, how can i hack him, using BackTrack ofc? And pls tell me hacking is not limited to a network.

It's quite easy:
Ask your friend to install teamviewer lulz and send you the ID  ;D

PS: Hacking is not limited to a network.

References:
http://9gag.com/gag/129192/

Sorry guys, I just had one of those days  :)
I'm an InterN0T'er
<<

cd1zz

Recruiters
Recruiters

Post Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:04 pm

HA!

If MaXe's instructions don't work try these:

1. Turn on PC
2. Study networking and security concepts for 5-10 years.
3. Hack friend.
4. Get arrested.
5. Go to jail for awhile.
6. Re evaluate plan.
<<

rattis

Post Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:19 pm

Lets assume all this is on the up and up.

If you search around the forums for books, you'll find the lists we've all made.

Look up the different frameworks for hacking. There are steps.

Step 1, step 2, step 3, etc.

usually the first step is enumeration.

But if you really want more hand holding, look on amazon for books with Hacking in the title. :) Or F0rb1dd3n. ;)

*Edit:
I'm all for teaching people, I'm all for spreading knowledge. I'm not about helping people get busted for being stupid. :)

Mannol: you have to understand, when you get into computer security / pen-testing you will develop a sense of paranoia.  Someone showing up the first time asking how to I hack this without giving us detail, is going to get us to be leery. We're worried about being targeted by corrupt people.

Also a lot of what you're probably wondering has been covered in this forum in multiple places. a little bit of searching will do wonders for you. Look around some more. Learn to search, not just the search bar up top but with google. Being able to research is key to the first step in doing "hacking".

if you want to learn, and build up skill, build a lab. you can do it fairly cheap and easy, and there are lots of discussions on that in the forum.

If you want to really have fun, and test your skill. You and your buddy can set up labs, and then set up a vpn connection between them. Then have fun trying to hack each other.

remember being ethical doesn't just mean you have permission to do the hacking. You have permission from the proper person to do the hacking.
Last edited by rattis on Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OSWP, Sec+
<<

MaXe

Post Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:27 pm

chrisj wrote:remember being ethical doesn't just mean you have permission to do the hacking. You have permission from the proper person to do the hacking.

As soon as his packets enters USA, they are under their jurisdiction as well. So I recommend a VPN connection (as well), and not an unencrypted session. What kind of software to use? OpenVPN for example. Don't just fire away tools at each other, or any servers you may not have permission to test. If you don't know what the tools do, then learn how they work, practically and theoretically.  :)

Edit: This reply is directed towards Mannol, not chrisj. Just quoting what he said for truth :)
Last edited by MaXe on Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm an InterN0T'er
<<

rattis

Post Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:01 pm

One more thing to remember. Verbal permission is worthless. Must be written, and dated.
OSWP, Sec+
<<

Mannol

Post Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:22 pm

My friend allowed me to hack him. To be honest, he is a bit of a social engineer
so we want to have some fun and he allowed me to have his IP and all to improve my skills. Though we are not on the same ISP and everything i've learned so far was based on network hacking. So, like I've said don't worry bout the police or law.

And PLEASE don't worry about the law we live in Bosnia. haha  :o
<<

MaXe

Post Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:10 pm

Mannol wrote:My friend allowed me to hack him. To be honest, he is a bit of a social engineer
so we want to have some fun and he allowed me to have his IP and all to improve my skills. Though we are not on the same ISP and everything i've learned so far was based on network hacking. So, like I've said don't worry bout the police or law.

And PLEASE don't worry about the law we live in Bosnia. haha  :o

Originally you lived in Russia, and your friend in USA? Now you live in Bosnia? Smells like you're not telling the truth, misterrr Mannol :)

PS: If your packets do go through another country, there may be laws in that country, that applies to your packets. Hence the reason you could worry about the law, if your actions are unethical and against the law in the countries your packets travel through.

Having an IP-address alone, is hardly enough for any attack if he's behind a router with NAT enabled, and all ports on the external NIC / interface are closed.

As many others have already recommended, why don't you search around these forums a bit? And other forums as well? There's like 1000 hacker forums or more in this world, and plenty of sites too.  :)
I'm an InterN0T'er
<<

j0rDy

Post Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:56 am

maybe we need some more info, does the IP-address start with 192.168. or 127.0.? if so you are screwed...

now for a real answer:
if the IP address is legit, do a traceroute and see where you end up, if it is not the USA you are given al false IP address. Now if you dont know how to do this you will have no shot at hacking it even with all the luck in the world. read up on the steps taken by a hacker (reconnaisance, fingerprinting, enumeration etc.) and learn about networking, network services, vulnerabilities, exploits and writing zero days. remember that wat is talked about in the news may sound easy, but it is far from it. now go and read up as fast as you can, because if this IP-address is dynamic you might not have as much of time you think  ;)
CISSP, CEH, ECSA, OSCP, OSWP

earning my stripes appears to be a road i must travel alone...with a little help of EH.net
<<

Mannol

Post Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:44 am

It's static IP. And thanks for your advice ill do that!  ;D

Return to Skillz