Need somebody to help that knows a lil bit about web design.

<<

JayOni

Post Sat Jun 11, 2011 1:07 am

Need somebody to help that knows a lil bit about web design.

Ok I own a website and Justhost.com told me this when I asked them (I after i tried figuring this out for hours... I'll add). Dear XXXXX,

I am very sorry, but we are unable to advise you on your request as we can only
provide technical support on our direct services such as cPanel, emails, FTP
MySQL connections and a lot of other administrative tasks. Please, turn to web
developers regarding this matter.

Thank you.

(Why did I pay them 4 years of money in advance again? Um, anyways on to my question)

How do I add a progress bar to my website? I already created one with Windows Visual Basic and it works I just dont know were to upload it to or whatever. I assume I have to go in the File manager but theres a million files there...... I feel very lost.

My website is www.myexuse.com if you go to the music selection you'll see that its loading buffering in the backround but its hardly noticable at all it looks like its doing nothing for a full 60 seconds before it loads the page.

Heres the code if it helps:

Public Class Form1

Private Sub Button1_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Button1.Click
        Timer1.Start()
    End Sub

Private Sub Timer1_Tick(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Timer1.Tick
        ProgressBar1.Increment(1)
        If ProgressBar1.Value = ProgressBar1.Maximum Then
            Button2.Enabled = True
        End If
    End Sub

Private Sub Button2_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Button2.Click
        MsgBox("Be Sure To Download Our ToolBar", MsgBoxStyle.Exclamation)
    End Sub
End Class
Last edited by JayOni on Sat Jun 11, 2011 1:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
<<

AndyB67

Post Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:23 pm

Re: Need somebody to help that knows a lil bit about web design.

The problem you may have is the fact your pages are php and you're doing your progress bar in VB.  You may want to look at doing one in php or java. 

Last time I looked at the php site (over 18 months ago now) they had a few small project and tutorials buried in the site and i'm sure one included a progress bar.

Google is your friend in this matter as there will be plenty of code already written and published out there.  I advise you go through it line by line and check exactly what it does if you don't get it off a 'main' site though.
Net+ Sec+ More to come

Return to Web Applications