Second Interview HELP!

<<

millwalll

Post Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:17 am

Second Interview HELP!

Hi all,

I had a interview with the company about a month ago now. I have finally been called for a second interview and have been told there is some practical elements to the interview.

I don't know what to expect.

The position is a graduate pen tester so they not expecting the world but do you think the piratical could be doing a pen test on a box to see what I know?

Do you think its wrong to email the person who I had interview with last time and ask him so I can bring my A game to the interview ?
<<

don

Administrator
Administrator

Post Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:54 am

Re: Second Interview HELP!

I guess it all depends on how you word it. Instead of coming across like you're nervous and fishing for any clue that might give you a leg up, you can always put it as though you are coming from a position of strength and just trying to be professionally prepared. So why not call him and try something like:

In order to be properly prepared for the practical portion of the interview, I was curious if I should bring my own toolset and/or laptop or will everything required be provided for me? Also, I'm not asking for any advanced info, but during that portion of the interview, will the scope be clearly defined as it would for a real client engagement?

This shows that you understand what it means to have a practical portion, that you are not afraid and also that you understand the business aspects of a pen test.

Purely by accident, your interviewer might give away some subtle details that can help you focus.

As always, this is advice. Take it as is.  :o

Good luck,
Don
CISSP, MCSE, CSTA, Security+ SME
<<

millwalll

Post Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:04 pm

Hi Don,

Thanks that is some good advice I think I will try that.

Jamie :P
<<

impelse

Post Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:41 pm

Great advise Don
CCNA, Security+, 70-290, 70-291
CCNA Security
CEH
Online Pentest lab: http://www.thehost1.com/
Blog: http://blog.thehost1.com/

Return to Career Central