2006:: What a most pratical backdoor\trojan at this age?

<<

sTupID

Post Sat Oct 07, 2006 1:05 pm

2006:: What a most pratical backdoor\trojan at this age?

Now is 2006, it's being long time i didnt take note any update from Backdoor/RAT world. Is that in 2006 still have a backdoor that can be running on latest Windows variant? Hohoho... is that anyone in here still using BO/Sub7/etc? :p
<<

Kev

Post Sat Oct 07, 2006 1:39 pm

Re: 2006:: What a most pratical backdoor\trojan at this age?

In the past Sub7 was my favorite trojan. Today it has no value at all unless someone is not running any kind of anti-virus.  You really need to be able to write your own backdoor if you want to work with trojans this day and age.
<<

oyle

Post Sat Oct 07, 2006 2:09 pm

My "favorite" is BackOrofice 2K. While it actually is a RAT, it is extremely (in)famous; you may not even know you have it until it's too late.

It is EXTREMELY sneaky.
MCP, MCP+I, MCSA, MCSE(NT4/W2K), CCNA, CCA, NWCCC, VH-PIRTS, CEH
--------------------
"hackers are like jedi, crackers are like the sith: do not fall prey to the dark side".

From 1337 h4x0r h4ndb00k: "the ten laws of geek", law x
                  -Tapeworm
<<

LSOChris

Post Sun Oct 08, 2006 11:05 pm

i'm a pretty big fan of hackerdefender...great rootkit.

turns any listening port into a shell if you connect to it with the hacker defender client program.  good stuff
<<

don

Administrator
Administrator

Post Sun Oct 08, 2006 11:43 pm

It all depends on how stealthy or what you actually want to accomplish. If you don't want the silly toys like opening CD/DVD trays or flipping a screen upside down (although very funny to do this to a friend or coworker), then KISS - Keep It Simple Stupid.

Something like netcat or the newer and stealthier cryptcat are still great for back doors and can be installed with SQL injection.

As for trojans, anything can be a trojan. You just simply have to trick the user into installing it while thinking it's something they want. So modern wrappers are good to attach backdoors to legit programs. Hell, you could make the logical argument that phishing is a form of trojan. Something to trick the victim into lowering their defenses long enough to let the bad guys in.

Just wanted to add to the conversation,
Don
CISSP, MCSE, CSTA, Security+ SME
<<

slimjim100

EH-Net Columnist
EH-Net Columnist

Post Fri Nov 10, 2006 12:56 pm

Not sure if this applies but I like Able (Cain & Able) for remote command line on other computers. Since I am not malicious I can only think of Natcat as another program I use to get access to remote computers. But not to go to far off topic I also have key logger installed on all my computers so I can remember what I did the day before. :)

Slimjim100
CISSP, CCSE, CCNA, CCAI, Network+, Security+, JNCIA, & MCP

Return to Malware