Issues ordering PWB

<<

matugm

Post Tue May 24, 2011 11:39 pm

Issues ordering PWB

Hi,
Did anyone else have issues ordering a offsec course? I registered for PWB 10 days ago and haven't got any answers yet,and I tried almost everything to get in touch with them,asking for my order status via the web contact form,using different email addresses,asking on IRC...
I don't know whats going on with them,anyone had a similar experience?
also any tips on what could I do in this case?
<<

KrisTeason

Post Wed May 25, 2011 1:39 am

Re: Issues ordering PWB

Hey matugm,

Welcome to the forums! I think I saw your name on the eLearnSecurity forums too. I haven't heard of anyone experiencing these type of issues but I am aware that they recommend that you don't use a non-free e-mail address when contacting them. Are you contacting them from a yahoo or hotmail e-mail address? I personally used my school e-mail when I signed up for the course.

Check here. Not sure if this is the issue or not just throwing out ideas. You should at least be  able to get a hold of someone through IRC.

Sorry to hear of your issues.

-Kris
eCPPT (Silver/Gold), eWPT, GSEC, GISP, GCIH, OSCP, OSWP
<<

matugm

Post Wed May 25, 2011 1:51 am

Thanks for the welcome :)

And yeah im active on els forums,in fact I have recently earned staff status there for helping around since the forums where released, i'm afraid that they think I'm actually being paid by eLs and they don't want to let a competitor enroll or something like that...
I have sent an email explaining my situation just in case ,but haven't heard a word from them yet.
On IRC I got told no admins there work at the orders department,
btw I used my ISP address.
<<

KrisTeason

Post Wed May 25, 2011 2:00 am

I have recently earned staff status there for helping around since the forums where released

Nice! Congrats on the promotion.

Not sure regarding the competitor situation. I don't think they'd be that harsh! Hopefully someone gets back to you. Surprising situation I haven't heard anyone else go through.

-Kris
eCPPT (Silver/Gold), eWPT, GSEC, GISP, GCIH, OSCP, OSWP
<<

j0rDy

Post Wed May 25, 2011 4:02 am

no worries, they are probably caught up in something. i first applied with my ISP email address which they did not accept. I got an email where i was requested to provide another email. This took a few days so just hold on to that excitement a little bit longer  ;)
CISSP, CEH, ECSA, OSCP, OSWP

earning my stripes appears to be a road i must travel alone...with a little help of EH.net
<<

rattis

Post Wed May 25, 2011 11:15 am

You can use a free email, I used my Google Mail account. There are just some extra hoops you have to jump though. Like providing them a copy of your Government Issued ID. (State driver's license).
OSWP, Sec+
<<

MaXe

Post Wed May 25, 2011 12:47 pm

chrisj wrote:You can use a free email, I used my Google Mail account. There are just some extra hoops you have to jump though. Like providing them a copy of your Government Issued ID. (State driver's license).

If you wonder why, it's to make sure you're who you say you are, so you don't start sharing their course material, on warez forums, etc.  :) Just be patient and try sending them a mail, from another account as chrisj suggested.
I'm an InterN0T'er
<<

Methodikal

Post Thu May 26, 2011 7:44 am

What I did was I replied to the registration email with my free email address and cc'd my work email address.  Then, they sent an email to my work to confirm.  That's how they allowed me to use my free email address.  But I guess you still haven't even received the registration email address yet?  ???
Got EIP?
<<

matugm

Post Thu May 26, 2011 11:02 am

I received the pre-registration email pretty fast,with the link for the sign-up form,but I think that's automatic.

Return to OSCP - Offensive Security Certified Professional