We deliver a wide range of solutions from professional services to networking to fully managed IT services, in the areas of IT optimization, unified communications, security, mobility and contact center efficiency. The strength and experience of our employees combined with the knowledge gained by using our own solutions internally is where we differentiate ourselves. We design and operate global business models in more than 170 countries and through key acquisitions and our partner network we are ready wherever our customers are around the world today.
At BT we believe our success is measured by our customers’ success so we are always focused on whether solutions make business sense for our customers. This has helped us become more than a vendor, we are a trusted advisor and partner.
Division: BT Global Services
Location: San Diego, CA (5 openings) and Monterey Park, CA (2 openings)
Travel: Travel required, local and regional
Application / Infrastructure Security Engineers –
Leverage both proven and innovative technology approaches to solve challenging business problems.
Demonstrate strong team leadership, focus on results, enabling businesses to operate more effectively
Provide pre-sales support, assessments, written documentation and technical leadership within their regional operation
· Three or more years’ experience in an information security role is required.
· Excellent English reading, writing, and speaking skills required.
· Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint) operations skills required.
· Experience in using and interpreting test results from automated testing tools (Nessus, Rapid7, AppScan, Fortify, etc.) required.
· Must demonstrate ability to validate test results either manually or by using testing tools (Wireshark, Metasploit Framework, Burp Suite, Tamper Data, etc).
· CISSP or GIAC required.
· Previous experience in public utility IT, SCADA IT, Industrial Control Systems IT, or embedded systems highly desirable.
· Previous experience in IT controls for regulatory requirements highly desirable.
· Juniper Networks Certified Internet Specialist (JNCIS-SEC) or Network+ a plus.
· Ability to implement effective security controls for applications and app-database connections, practical business experience with security in Service Oriented Architecture and web services application server platform is a plus
· Provides direct consulting support to technical efforts in projects and to business units requesting consultation or guidance.
· Examines business requirements and makes sound recommendations for implementation of controls based on knowledge of available enterprise controls.
· Performs detailed technical testing of security controls and produces detailed written reports of the test results.
· Develops enterprise scale security controls and security processes.
· Contribute a security view to evaluations of commercial products and managed services.
· Assist project teams and information owners in identifying security control objectives and appropriate security controls for protecting Company information.
· Contribute technical designs for security controls for information assets under development.
· Directly support project teams during the construction of information assets, and ensure that effective controls are being deployed during construction.
Education and Certifications:
Bachelors Degree in Information Technology/Computer Science or 5 years IT experience
Certifications: CISSP, CEH, GSSP-JAVA, GSSP-NET preferred.
Juniper Networks Certified Internet Specialist (JNCIS-SEC) a plus
Benefits and Training
BT is an employee-oriented company that offers a collaborative environment for employees to work in. Above & beyond your base salary and bonus structure are a full suite of medical, dental, vision, 401K match, flex spending account; short/long term disability & life insurance; vacation, ESPP, etc. BT pays for all travel expenses (airfare, lodging, meals, etc).
Selected candidate will need to pass background and drug screen
Existing authorization to work in the United States is required.
Relocation support for this position is not currently available.
BT is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply contact firstname.lastname@example.org, Brigitte Williams, BT Corporate Recruiter