CEHv7 Coursware

<<

Trocco

Post Fri Apr 15, 2011 1:08 pm

CEHv7 Coursware

Hi all,  I am currently in the process of self-studying for CEHv6. I am hoping to take the test before v6 expires but I may just miss it. So my question is can I use the v6 courseware to pass the v7 test? How much does v7 differ from v6? Hopefully someone can give me some insight because I am pulling my hair out. ???
Thanks,
Troc,

C|EH, Sec+, Net+
<<

hayabusa

Post Fri Apr 15, 2011 2:40 pm

Re: CEHv7 Coursware

I'd say, unofficially, that you could probably pass v7 from v6 courseware.  While I haven't seen the v6 stuff, enough of the covered stuff in my exam reached back, even, to my original (much older) CEH, that I could've passed, without 7 materials.

I'll say that, with one catch, though:

There were some things in the exam that were newer than I remembered.  I knew those too, so it wasn't a hindrance to me or anything.  But if you aren't fully comfortable with the v6 materials, etc, the lack of v7 might be just enough to make you fail, if you have trouble on the v6 (and older) questions...  Something to consider.
~ hayabusa ~ 

"All men can see these tactics whereby I conquer, but what none can see is the strategy out of which victory is evolved." - Sun Tzu, 'The Art of War'

OSCE, OSCP , GPEN, C|EH
<<

Steve_Sanchez

Post Fri May 06, 2011 9:06 pm

Re: CEHv7 Coursware

I also took the inaugural CEH v7 course and would agree with Hayabusa. As per our instructor (from EC Council also) the only real additions to the v7 test were omissions of older OS's such as 2000, NT etc and the addition of a bit of Bluetooth and cellphone stuff.

Return to CEH - Certified Ethical Hacker