WIFI Robin

<<

big_fact_hunt

Post Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:51 pm

WIFI Robin

A buddy just sent me an email about this device, and I did a quick search here, with no results. http://www.wifirobin.com/
Has anyone tried this device, or can reply with links to reviews, user feedback etc?
Be interested if it lives up to its claims

thanks
bfh
<<

rattis

Post Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:11 am

Re: WIFI Robin

The hardware hacker geek in me is interested.

However, you can do the same thing with Backtrack, a wifi card that can do injections, and a little know how, so embedding it and adding a fancy gui to it shouldn't be impossible.

And not really all that ethical unless you're doing it on a pen-test, but the web page isn't geared for that it's telling people to steal other people's wifi.
OSWP, Sec+
<<

WCNA

Post Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:29 pm

:D Hahahaa.....that's hilarious. They're selling a device to do something that is absolutely against the law. Wonder how long they'll be around. Not only that they may well be exceeding the 36dBm/4 watts limit but when your product is designed to break the law I guess it doesn't matter. It also doesn't take into account that while you can send a big fat signal with 1000mw that doesn't mean you'll be able to hear them back.

OR you could do what this guy did-
http://www.ex-parrot.com/pete/upside-down-ternet.html
Last edited by WCNA on Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ISC2 Associate, WCNA, CWNA, OSCP, Network+
<<

labamba

Post Sat Jun 25, 2011 10:41 pm

The maker of this device clearly plans of making easy money and doesn't have plans of staying in the market. In starting up a small business, the very important thing is to make it legitimate. I wonder who will only be left with a solid internet connection if everyone can have it for "FREE". :D

Return to Hardware