CEH V6 Hacking Laws (YIKES!)

<<

Trocco

Post Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:16 pm

CEH V6 Hacking Laws (YIKES!)

I am working on studying the CEH and just got done with the Intro to Ethical Hacking and now I am making my way into the Laws section. This section seems very tedious with almost too much information to remember. I feel that if I study this section now come the test I won't remember most of it.

So I think I am going to skip this section for now work on the technical modules then loop back around to the laws section. I am hoping this is a good idea. Anyone here that has studied for the CEH V6 that can give me some insight on what I really need to know in the laws section and what to study, or is it just force into your brain and never forget it.

Thanks,

Tom
Troc,

C|EH, Sec+, Net+
<<

venom77

Post Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:11 pm

Re: CEH V6 Hacking Laws (YIKES!)

It's been some time but I really don't recall getting many, if any, law questions on my exam. There may have been one or two about 1029 or 1030 but there definitely weren't any about countries outside of the US.
<<

SephStorm

Post Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:51 am

If i'm not mistaken, I was looking at some training material and it said that 1029 and 1030 were the most important IRT the CEH.
sectestanalysis.blogspot.com/‎
<<

dontpanic

Post Mon Mar 14, 2011 2:45 pm

I'd agree with the previous replies.  USB 1029 & 1030 are key based on what I read.  The UK "Computer Misuse Act 1990" seemed to pop up a lot in the practice exam and end of chapter exams in the Graves and DeFino books.  Of course, there's only about a dozen or so laws total that are really relevant so it would be good practice to at least know the name and basic intent on all of them I think.
CEH, SSCP, MCITP, MCSE, etc.

Return to CEH - Certified Ethical Hacker