Need Advice on Website project

<<

millwalll

Post Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:58 pm

Need Advice on Website project

Hi All,

I am currently trying to break into pen testing and have got some great help from the members on here.

I wanted to give something back to others who may want to break into pen testing mainly in the UK. So made a small website that I hope will help others as well get my name out there a bit more.

The site is still a working progress but would really like some feedback on if you think it would be useful. As well anything I may have missed on it.

http://www.turkishholidayaltinkum.com/PenTest/

I look forward to your comments

p.s the URL is a tem location why the site is being update and worked on still....
Last edited by millwalll on Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

tturner

Post Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:18 pm

Re: Need Advice on Website project

Best advice would be to clean up the spelling errors and typos (like CMI instead of CLI)
Certifications:
CISSP, CISA, GPEN, GWAPT, GAWN, GCIA, GCIH, GSEC, GSSP-JAVA, OPSE, CSWAE, CSTP, VCP

WIP: Vendor WAF stuff

http://sentinel24.com/blog @tonylturner http://bsidesorlando.org
<<

millwalll

Post Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:51 pm

Hi Thanks for the comment. I am working on that as we speak what do you think of the content ?
<<

millwalll

Post Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:46 am

Any other comments ? Does anyone think this would be useful to others ?
<<

MaXe

Post Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:12 pm

I suggest you use another font than the one for EvE Online (If it isn't, it just looks very much like it), or at least use a font which is anti-aliased. Also, try make the index page something else than what appears to be the "about me" page. Of course, it's up to you in the end though  :)

Ask yourself: Who is your targeting group? And when you've found that, then look through the eyes of this group and know what you want to see. For instance, black can be read both positively and negatively, but most companies use a white background. (Clean, peace, etc.) Communities on the other hand typically uses dark or black backgrounds however this does not reflect the legality of these communities at all, but some humanoids does think that black website == illegal unfortunately.
Last edited by MaXe on Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm an InterN0T'er
<<

millwalll

Post Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:33 pm

Hi Maxe,

Thanks some for the feedback I do agree with you comments. The index page is very much about me, the reason is I want a site that I could show potential employers what I was doing and how much I wan to be in the industry and hope it may get me noticed so the index page is like a mini CV.

I also wanted to try and help others so the rest of the site is aimed at other who want to become a pen tester by providing useful links to sites like this where everyone is really nice and helpful.

So that is the aim of the site I want to get myself noticed a bit more as well give something back to others..

Return to Network Pen Testing