Free Access to Entire CBT Nuggets Library of Videos

<<

don

Administrator
Administrator

Post Tue Sep 19, 2006 11:08 am

Free Access to Entire CBT Nuggets Library of Videos

Hi All,

I recently sent email to all members with a link to an offer for free, unfettered access to the entire CBT Nuggets library for 3 full days. We're fans of their products, so we thought this would help EH-Net members.

1. Those that signed up, what did you think?
2. If there are any new members out there who joined after the email blast, this offer is good until the end of Sept. So if you want the link, PM me.

Most of you know full well, I don't like sending email every day to our members. I hate it when other sites do this, so I wouldn't do it to you. For our own info, did this email blast annoy you? Should I continue to try to get these types of deals? Do you mind email once every month or 2 with this type of thing as well as updates on EH-Net and recent articles? We're thinking of putting together a newsletter, so this feedback will let us know if it's worth the effort.

Thanks,
Don
CISSP, MCSE, CSTA, Security+ SME
<<

Kev

Post Tue Sep 19, 2006 2:44 pm

Re: Free Access to Entire CBT Nuggets Library of Videos

I plan to take advantage of that offer before the end of the month.  Receiving an email once or twice a month or more from this site is not a problem for me, especially with great freebies like that.  Thanks!
Last edited by Kev on Tue Sep 19, 2006 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

Negrita

Post Tue Sep 19, 2006 2:50 pm

The e-mail frequency is just fine.

The members do have the option to not subscribe to news letters if they wish. This can be set in the profile settings.
CEH, CCSA NG/AI, NNCSS, MCP, MCSA 2003

There are 10 kinds of people, those that understand binary, and those that don't.
<<

don

Administrator
Administrator

Post Wed Sep 27, 2006 10:53 am

Only a few days left on this. Anyone else need the link?

Don
<<

Kev

Post Fri Oct 06, 2006 11:46 am

Hey Don,
  Just wanted to let you know I really enjoyed the CBT nuggets. They have some good stuff.  Thanks for putting that together.
<<

don

Administrator
Administrator

Post Fri Oct 06, 2006 11:52 am

Glad to help. It's what we're here to do. But now you can see why I like them so much.

If you have any thoughts on additional promotions, let me know here or PM me. Never hurts to ask. The companies might just say yes.

Don
<<

JLEckert

Post Fri Oct 06, 2006 9:58 pm

Don,

Like everybody else, I think that CBT Nuggets are an excellent program for classroom instruction.  I think that the company has wised-up to sharing.  They are using DRM to force UserID and Password logon prior to actual usage.  Any thoughts?
<<

don

Administrator
Administrator

Post Sun Oct 08, 2006 10:52 pm

Wasn't aware of that. The last few videos I've watched were through their streaming service online.

Although there is an argument to be made that most people who pirate products probably wouldn't have bought it anyway, still a company deserves to protect their assets. DRM can usually be broken given enough time and desire, but I personally don't have a problem putting up a few road blocks to stop the flood gates.

Plus, CBT Nuggets are more inexpensive than other products without sacrificing quality, so being forced to buy them doesn't mean missing a mortgage payment.

Don

Return to News Items and General Discussion About EH-Net