OSWP

<<

millwalll

Post Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:29 pm

OSWP

Hi all,

Whats the best way to approach this ? How hard is the exam? is it worth doing ?

Thanks
<<

TheXero

Post Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:13 am

Re: OSWP

If you want to learn how to penetrate wireless networks and the internal's of wifi, go check out the aircrack-ng site, its all there

If however like me you want the certification, then do it

For me, I wanted a Security certification and to experience an OffSec course, so OSWP seemed like the perfect candidate as well as I knew pretty much nothing about wireless (I'd followed a video on youtube on breaking wep previously)

So, if you want the cert, go for it, else all the information is freely available on the aircrack-ng site for absolutely free
<<

millwalll

Post Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:48 pm

I want the cert and wanted to see what offsec course was like. Did you read the book then watch all the video or did u read the book then watch the video that goes with it. Is the exam hard or do they just ask you to crack wireless exactly like you have been showed to it?
<<

rattis

Post Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:03 pm

Test wasn't that hard. Most of it was sitting waiting. I probably could have completed it faster if I had done it a different way.

I read the chapter and then watched the video labs that went with it. If you've read Hacking Exposed: Wireless, and know how to use Aircrack-ng you'll have no problem.

If you read the lab guide, watch the videos, and do the labs, you'll have no problem.
OSWP, Sec+
<<

millwalll

Post Sun Feb 13, 2011 12:08 pm

cool thanks will do that then :)
<<

j0rDy

Post Sun Feb 13, 2011 1:02 pm

This one is next on my list, so when the time comes, expect another review on EH.net!
CISSP, CEH, ECSA, OSCP, OSWP

earning my stripes appears to be a road i must travel alone...with a little help of EH.net
<<

rattis

Post Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:29 pm

j0rDy wrote:This one is next on my list, so when the time comes, expect another review on EH.net!

I actually wrote one up and sent it to Don, but never got posted. I might have to hit up my files find it, scrub a little out and post it.
OSWP, Sec+
<<

j0rDy

Post Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:34 am

Hey chris, please do! i would like some in depth information about the course. i can not control myself any more (have...to..learn...now!!) so i'm probably signing up next week  8)

earning my stripes appears to be a road i must travel alone...with a little help of EH.net
<<

TheXero

Post Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:49 am

WiFu + OSWP is a great course/exam

It was my first security cert and actually convinced me to take part in other practical certificates, I would highly recommend WiFu/OSWP
<<

rattis

Post Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:40 pm

J0rDy

I think it was less about the course, and more about why the course was relevant.
OSWP, Sec+
<<

j0rDy

Post Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:34 am

chrisj wrote:J0rDy

I think it was less about the course, and more about why the course was relevant.

Ah, no biggie. I made the decision to start with it anyway. I guess you can not go wrong for 350,- which is a bargain when i look at the outline of the course.

Return to OSWP - Offensive Security Wireless Professional