Just wanted to introduce mysel

<<

H4TT1fn4TT

Post Tue Feb 08, 2011 3:08 pm

Just wanted to introduce mysel

I just wanted to make a short introduction. I had no idea where to post this and this seemed to me to be the most suitable part of the forum for it.

I'm a 26 year old guy who has loved computers from when I was a kid. However I never really got to learn about how it all works. A few months ago I started reading up on everything and the fever got to me. Currently I am trying to read as much as I can get my hands on. While in the mean time studying C++ from online tutorials.

My dream (but I guess many share it with me) is to some day get some type of certification to become an official penetration tester (and leave the dirty heavy job that I got now to someone else).

I read about the contests you run here and I think they are a great thing (could really be life changing for some people). I try to hope to contribute along the way of learning myself by posting some tutorials. I guess some will be pretty basic to the more advanced members of this forum. But if they are please tell me then what I could look into more that is related to the subject I wrote about.

And beside that all. I do my best watching my spelling and grammar however English is not my native language and even with Firefox's build in dictionary I might write something wrong from time to time, forgive me for that...

Hope to discuss network/computer security and penetration testing with all of you.

H4TT1fn4TT.
"The quality of programmers is a decreasing function of the density of go to statements in the programs they produce."
<<

caissyd

Post Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:27 pm

Re: Just wanted to introduce mysel

Welcome H4TT1fn4TT to the forum!

Don't worry, we all started somewhere (no one was born talking TCP/IP... ;))

I was a developper and started studying in IT sec about 2 years ago. Lots of fun and short nights!

I suggest you take a intro course on IT sec. To me, before being a pentester, you need to have a sence of what security is. Then, pentesting becomes much more clearer.

Go check videos at www.securitytube.net. Lots of free treasures.

Oh and by the way, I learned English when I was 17... ;)
OSCP, GPEN, GWAPT, GSEC, CEH, CISSP
(aka H1t.M0nk3y)
<<

H4TT1fn4TT

Post Wed Feb 09, 2011 11:02 am

Thanks for the welcome. I am currently already writing three papers. One on the dangers of a badly configured robots.txt files, one about phishing and and other one about website spidering use wildcards.

I learned English from the TV when I was a kid. To bad it does not teach you any spelling and grammar.

I could not help noticing that most people on here do not write articles them selves but just post links to content of others. Did I overlooked a section maybe?

And one more question I hope some one could answer if I write an article on a certain subject would I put that in the tutorials forum or in the forum that corresponds to the subject and content of the article?
Last edited by H4TT1fn4TT on Wed Feb 09, 2011 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
"The quality of programmers is a decreasing function of the density of go to statements in the programs they produce."
<<

caissyd

Post Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:28 pm

If you want to write a complete article/review, I suggest you send a private message to "don".

Before publish something on this site, you have to go through a review process.

Good luck!
OSCP, GPEN, GWAPT, GSEC, CEH, CISSP
(aka H1t.M0nk3y)
<<

H4TT1fn4TT

Post Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:30 pm

Is it mentioned anywhere how this review process works and what would you conciser a complete article (1 or 2 A4)?

Return to News Items and General Discussion About EH-Net