don

Administrator
Administrator

Post Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:56 pm

Black Hat Europe 2011

Black Hat Europe 2011
March 15 - 18, 2011
Barcelona, Spain

The Black Hat Briefings have become the biggest and the most important security conference series in the world by remaining true to our core value: serving the information security community by delivering timely, actionable security information in a friendly, vendor-neutral environment.

Venue

Hotel Rey Juan Carlos
I Av. Diagonal 661 - 671 - 08028 - Barcelona
Tel +34 933 644 040
http://www.hrjuancarlos.com/

For more info:
http://www.blackhat.com/html/bh-eu-11/b ... -home.html

Don
CISSP, MCSE, CSTA, Security+ SME
<<

MaXe

Post Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:05 am

Re: Black Hat Europe 2011

I wish I could be there,  I love this conference and the talks on it are usually great  ;D Thanks for the info none the less don  :)
I'm an InterN0T'er
<<

caissyd

Post Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:13 pm

Hey MaXe,

What would you say BlackHat has over other conferences?

I was thinking in going to BH in Las Vegas next summer, mainly for the training part.
OSCP, GPEN, GWAPT, GSEC, CEH, CISSP
(aka H1t.M0nk3y)
<<

MaXe

Post Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:31 pm

Hi H1t M0nk3y,

I should note that I have never attended any of their conferences yet, but I've read most presentations, attended a Webinar (it was free) and read many of their slides, all those I found interesting including the archives.

What I found particularly interesting were the very technical and in-depth presentations, which BH focuses on. Whenever new slides are available I check them out, because I don't know why, but I associate the BH talks with high quality.

Defcon is of course, awesome too. It's cheaper and there are so many talks there, some of them are really really awesome too, but I primarily like that the presentations af BH, is suited for a 0day hackers mind and similar professionals or hobbyists who has been in the field for a long time.

I don't know about the training, but I have read about a few of their workshops and training sessions. Some of them looked really interesting, and again, very technical, at least what it says on their website. I might be completely wrong, but when I think of BH, I feel the same quality as OffSec provides.

That point of view could change, but I guess I'll have to submit a good presentation and get there to find out how it really is myself  ;D

I should note that I was disappointed with the DC 2011 presentations a bit. At least the slides I found on the website and thereby also the topics covered etc. Not what I expected at all this time.

Anyway, I think you should ask someone who has actually attended or taught at these training sessions  ;) They are more qualified to inform you the pro's and con's, besides that it's really expensive just going there  ;D
I'm an InterN0T'er
<<

caissyd

Post Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:25 am

Thanks MaXe for your reply.

I only go to one (maybe two) conferences per year, so I want to choose them wisely...
OSCP, GPEN, GWAPT, GSEC, CEH, CISSP
(aka H1t.M0nk3y)

Return to Calendar Of Events