EC-Council Certification Portal

<<

Negrita

Post Mon Sep 11, 2006 2:46 am

EC-Council Certification Portal

Has anyone here had problems registering at the EC-Council Certification Portal? I passed my CEH on August 31st and I'm using the registration number on my exam transcript which I received, but I'm getting an "Invalid Registration Number" error when I try to register.

I sent an e-mail regarding this to a contact at EC-Coucil who has till now been very prompt to answer my e-mails and been very helpful. I'll keep you all up to date regarding his reply.
CEH, CCSA NG/AI, NNCSS, MCP, MCSA 2003

There are 10 kinds of people, those that understand binary, and those that don't.
<<

LSOChris

Post Mon Sep 11, 2006 9:17 am

Re: EC-Council Certification Portal

yeah i got the same thing.
<<

don

Administrator
Administrator

Post Mon Sep 11, 2006 11:18 am

I just signed up using the code in my CEH Welcome Kit. All went well. I was able to register, got email with a confirmation link, and I logged in OK.

I didn't look at my exam transcript, so I don't know if that code matches the one in my Welcome Kit.

Did you get your Welcome Kit yet?

Don
CISSP, MCSE, CSTA, Security+ SME
<<

LSOChris

Post Mon Sep 11, 2006 1:30 pm

yeah in 2004!

i probably need to email someone at eccouncil to get that fixed up.  all i got in my welcome kit was giant bumpersticker and my certificate.
<<

Negrita

Post Tue Sep 12, 2006 6:21 am

Well I've already received a reply to my e-mail. The reply does not say it implicitly, but it would appear that the registration number needed to register at the certification portal is something you have to have sent to you from EC-Council.

I'm at a loss to explain why they would have one registration number on your exam transcript and another elsewhere (like on your cert).

Could those of you that have already received your welcome kits check to see if the number on the cert corresponds to that on your exam transcript?
Last edited by Negrita on Tue Sep 12, 2006 6:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

There are 10 kinds of people, those that understand binary, and those that don't.
<<

Negrita

Post Wed Sep 13, 2006 9:32 am

Great!!  :D

I got sent my "REAL" registration code by e-mail today, and I used it to sign up just as Don described and all went well.

I'm still baffled why they would need 2 different numbers.

<<

oyle

Post Fri Sep 15, 2006 2:27 pm

"exam transcript?" What is that? I never got an exam transcript, all I got was the cert, the welcome letter, the bumper sticker, and the busininess card/Linux disk and the folder. Who do I email about it, Negrita?
MCP, MCP+I, MCSA, MCSE(NT4/W2K), CCNA, CCA, NWCCC, VH-PIRTS, CEH
--------------------
"hackers are like jedi, crackers are like the sith: do not fall prey to the dark side".

From 1337 h4x0r h4ndb00k: "the ten laws of geek", law x
                  -Tapeworm
<<

Negrita

Post Fri Sep 15, 2006 4:40 pm

The exam transcript is that piece of paper you get from the testing centre when you finish an exam that says whether you passed or failed, and it also has other info on it like your name, which exam you did, the exam date, your score, registration number, whether you did the exam via VUE or Prometric, etc.

For some exams like Microsoft, Check Point, etc, you also get a breakdown of the score by topic or section so that you can see which fields you have mastered and which ones need improvement.

If you've never recieved an exam transcript (and you want/need them) you could contact VUE or Prometric depending on which one you use for your exams, or alternatively get in contact with your test centre. If you were to contact Microsoft, EC-Council, Cisco etc, they'd probably just send you a copy of your cert but not the transcript.

Here is a good reason for having your transcripts handy.

Return to CEH - Certified Ethical Hacker