Dlink : DIR-615 Router password hacking.

<<

garethaw

Post Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:46 pm

Dlink : DIR-615 Router password hacking.

Hello im 15 and my father is constantly disables my internet until 5 pm daily this is highly annoying for me and extremely frustrating the internet time are set by mac filter which can be changed by router admin at anytime i was hoping if someone could supply me a router hacking tool, thankyou.
<<

hayabusa

Post Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:38 pm

Re: Dlink : DIR-615 Router password hacking.

Nope, sorry, no can do.  It's not really 'ethical' to bypass restrictions that your father has imposed, with no really obvious reason except, 'I want to get online.'

I will say this, though, because this is a forum for learning... 

A bit of research will find you ways around that restriction, without having to do anything to the router, whatsoever.  If YOU take the initiative, find the info, learn it, and understand it, then I've done my part.  However, I'm not in the business of handing out backdoors, for no reason.

Good luck (I guess.......)  :-\
~ hayabusa ~ 

"All men can see these tactics whereby I conquer, but what none can see is the strategy out of which victory is evolved." - Sun Tzu, 'The Art of War'

OSCE, OSCP , GPEN, C|EH
<<

sil

Post Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:45 pm

garethaw wrote:i was hoping if someone could supply me a router hacking tool

There you go, the ultimate in home-based router hacking. It's call a paper clip and one can use it to secretly reset their router back to factory settings. Be advised this may interfere with MaD (Mom and Dad) protocols which may lead to a Denial of Service on perks like, movies, allowances, etc. use at your own risk
<<

garethaw

Post Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:20 pm

I'm not that stupid i know about factory reseting but it is not an option for me.
<<

garethaw

Post Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:22 pm

hayabusa wrote:Nope, sorry, no can do.  It's not really 'ethical' to bypass restrictions that your father has imposed, with no really obvious reason except, 'I want to get online.'

I will say this, though, because this is a forum for learning... 

A bit of research will find you ways around that restriction, without having to do anything to the router, whatsoever.  If YOU take the initiative, find the info, learn it, and understand it, then I've done my part.  However, I'm not in the business of handing out backdoors, for no reason.

Good luck (I guess.......)  :-\

can you you forward me to the info i am unable to find it.
<<

mallaigh

Post Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:50 pm

sil wrote:There you go, the ultimate in home-based router hacking. It's call a paper clip and one can use it to secretly reset their router back to factory settings. Be advised this may interfere with MaD (Mom and Dad) protocols which may lead to a Denial of Service on perks like, movies, allowances, etc. use at your own risk

Simply, EPIC!

Edit: I probably shouldn't help with this.
Last edited by mallaigh on Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

rattis

Post Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:14 pm

garethaw wrote:I'm not that stupid i know about factory resetting but it is not an option for me.

Two great ideas that come to mind, well 3, but you'd probably hate the third one.

1) Get the model number, and read up on the router, how mac filtering works, and every other piece of information you can get your  hands on. It might even help lead you in to a career.

2) Ask for more time online. Make sure you have valid reasons written down. Take those with you when you ask for more time. Run through with friends on possible rebuttals your father might have. Having that skill will help you when you get older and need to do the same thing at work for access to data and other things.

3) Get a job, and pay for your own internet connection. I know it's hard getting a job at 15, I was there.

Maybe you can mix a couple of those together. I can think of other ways too... but those 3 should be a good start.

Lastly, you're asking an UNETHICAL question on an ETHICAL hacking forum. You'll have to forgive us if we have a bit of fun and post pictures of paper clips.
OSWP, Sec+
<<

hayabusa

Post Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:23 pm

@sil - I gotta give you that one.  Not only is it a hacking tool, but it'll even open some door locks too!  ;)
~ hayabusa ~ 

"All men can see these tactics whereby I conquer, but what none can see is the strategy out of which victory is evolved." - Sun Tzu, 'The Art of War'

OSCE, OSCP , GPEN, C|EH
<<

rattis

Post Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:53 am

hayabusa wrote:@sil - I gotta give you that one.  Not only is it a hacking tool, but it'll even open some door locks too!  ;)

and handcuffs.
OSWP, Sec+
<<

Ketchup

Post Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:17 am

MacGyver could have made a new router from just the paper clip.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Ketchup
<<

garethaw

Post Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:34 pm

can some one just team viewer me and crack the password everything that's been said is not possible my father is stuck up dick
<<

g00d_4sh

Post Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:37 pm

Sil, very classic.  Very very classic. 

Garethaw, take the advice given, and don't ask to be spoon  fed.  You're past that age, and it generally doesn't go over too well.  The internet is a treasure trove of information... and if you're having trouble finding what you want, ask for a google-fu book from Santa.

-4sh
"Bad.. Good?  I'm the guy with the gun"
<<

garethaw

Post Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:40 pm

I have spent over 3 months searching for the info and guess what. All find is threads like these supplying no information
<<

garethaw

Post Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:44 pm

Would Brutus crack this ?
<<

tturner

Post Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:50 pm

If you know enough to ask that question then you know enough to try. Stop asking to be spoonfed and do some work yourself. This is an ethical hacking site and what you are asking for is not ethical.
Certifications:
CISSP, CISA, GPEN, GWAPT, GAWN, GCIA, GCIH, GSEC, GSSP-JAVA, OPSE, CSWAE, CSTP, VCP

WIP: Vendor WAF stuff

http://sentinel24.com/blog @tonylturner http://bsidesorlando.org
Next

Return to Ethical Hacktivism