Foundstone Ultimate Hacking?

<<

SephStorm

Post Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:17 am

Foundstone Ultimate Hacking?

Is anyone familiar with this course? I remember hearing of it, and now I see it is available through Global Knowledge. Does anyone know how it compares to similar offerings? (CEH/OSCP/eCCPT ect.)

Im about to do some research, but I wanted to ask. Also, I dont think they offer a cert with this do they?
sectestanalysis.blogspot.com/‎
<<

UNIX

Post Thu Jan 06, 2011 4:48 am

Re: Foundstone Ultimate Hacking?

I think jason was considering it a while ago, not sure if it worked out though.
Last edited by UNIX on Thu Jan 06, 2011 4:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
<<

jason

Post Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:31 pm

I ended up doing something else since I couldn't find any independent reviews for their classes. Plenty of marketing material on their page, but it struck me a bit odd that there wasn't anyone else taking about them elsewhere.
<<

Ketchup

Post Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:30 pm

I took one of their other courses a while back.  I thought that the instructor was knowledgeable and I found the course organized well.  It wasn't the most challenging though.  Sounds like Foundstone needs to give away some free classes to this community for reviews.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Ketchup
<<

sil

Post Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:50 pm

Foundstone - pre McAfee assimilation was considered to be at the top of the food chain and they HAD individuals who had a clue (Bryce  Galbraith now @ SANS (I think)). I'm unsure what they've been up to since McAfee brought them. I do know that once upon a time, they HAD some instructors that I would have like to sit around with and at the same time, they also had complete morons (http://attrition.org/errata/sec-co/foundstone-02.html).

For those who've been around this industry for a while (4shtray, sinnerz, gH, rhino9 anyone? ... predating w00w00 even (irrelevant sort of)), many in the industry were a quick /m thisnick away and many knew who was who, who knew what, who one should learn from, etc.. (I'm going back to early to mid 90's here). Some of the guys at Foundstone had a clue... A really good one too. Don't know what they've been up to though
<<

SephStorm

Post Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:57 pm

Probably not going to happen with me, the only training provider that I know of is newhorizons, which I found has some pretty interesting reviews...

http://www.newhorizonssucks.net/
sectestanalysis.blogspot.com/‎

Return to Network Pen Testing