tool list

<<

SephStorm

Post Wed Dec 22, 2010 6:23 am

tool list

Hi, i'm studing for the CEH, as you may know, and at the moment I am building a windows based attack machine and later a linux based attack machine.

I realize that many of the tools discussed in CEH are designed for use on or against older systems, but I was wondering if anyone can point me to a list of free tools for each phase of the hacking process, for windows, and then for linux.

Until now, I have been going through my videos and noting and downloading as I come across them, but it seems as though with some phases, free tools are not listed, or are not ported to windows.

Any help would be appreciated.

Happy Holidays!
sectestanalysis.blogspot.com/‎
<<

UNIX

Post Wed Dec 22, 2010 8:17 am

Re: tool list

If you haven't already, take a look at the Top 100 Network Security Tools. OWASP has also a couple of tools listed.

Check also Keatron's tools list.
Last edited by UNIX on Wed Dec 22, 2010 8:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
<<

caissyd

Post Wed Dec 22, 2010 8:47 am

Backtrack contains just about all the free Linux tools available. Just browse the /pentest directory and you will get close to 300 free tools, all grouped in their specific category.

http://www.backtrack-linux.org/downloads/
OSCP, GPEN, GWAPT, GSEC, CEH, CISSP
(aka H1t.M0nk3y)
<<

g00d_4sh

Post Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:22 pm

I've found backtrack to just be money.  It can be fun to compile all the programs on another linux OS for practice, but the ease of having a thumbdrive with Backtrack loaded up is just... so convenient.  That, and generally it has more tools than I need, lots of options to get the job done.
"Bad.. Good?  I'm the guy with the gun"

Return to CEH - Certified Ethical Hacker