DoS programs

<<

Svenxix

Post Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:58 am

DoS programs

While browsing the wikileak related news, I stumbled upon the Lower Orbit Ion Cannon, the program Anonymous uses to DoS their targets. What surprised me is that the program is freely available on sourceforge. Does anyone know of any other open source DoS programs?
<<

JollyJokker

Post Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:06 am

Re: DoS programs

There are many out there. Sockstress (PoC only as far as I'm concerned) fraggle, synflood, isic...
<<

SephStorm

Post Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:36 am

Not a bad thing to have in your pocket... >:)
sectestanalysis.blogspot.com/‎
<<

Empires89

Post Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:10 am

There used to be a program called "VampRaep" that loaded images repeatedly and sucked the website's bandwidth until it was shut down by the host, but I imagine it doesn't work as well anymore.
<<

g00d_4sh

Post Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:39 pm

Been a while since I looked into that topic myself, anyone know off hand if Fyodor ever put out his DOS'er that used malformed tcp/ip packets? 
"Bad.. Good?  I'm the guy with the gun"
<<

jacobadam

Post Thu May 12, 2011 1:43 am

The other DOS, which comes only with the XP, 2000 and NT operating systems, is cmd.exe. Usually cmd.exe is better than other commands because it is easier to use, has more commands, and in some ways resembles the bash shell in Linux and other Unix-type operating systems. For example, you can repeat a command by using the up arrow until you back up to the desired command. Unlike bash, however, your DOS command history is erased whenever you shut down cmd.exe.
<<

lorddicranius

Post Thu May 12, 2011 1:55 am

jacobadam wrote:The other DOS, which comes only with the XP, 2000 and NT operating systems, is cmd.exe. Usually cmd.exe is better than other commands because it is easier to use, has more commands, and in some ways resembles the bash shell in Linux and other Unix-type operating systems. For example, you can repeat a command by using the up arrow until you back up to the desired command. Unlike bash, however, your DOS command history is erased whenever you shut down cmd.exe.

I think the op's referring to "denial of service" apps, not "disk operating system" :)
GSEC, eCPPT, Sec+

Return to Cyber Warfare