For more info, contact brigitte dot williams at bt dot com
OR go to www dot btamericascareers dot com
Please note when contacting BT that you saw this posting on the Ethical Hacker Network.
Company: BT Global Services
Division: Managed Security Solutions
The MSS Operation is a national US based operation within BT Global Services that provides BT customers with security monitoring and testing services.
Location for position: Anywhere in the continental US
Telecommuting / Work from home opportunity / Virtual office
Full-time Opportunity with comprehensive benefits, bonus structure and training working with a team of 30+ US based senior level ethical hackers.
Travel: Variable (domestic) / Minimal to medium travel requirement
Ethical Hacker (Web Application / Network Penetration Tester)
The Ethical Hacker / Penetration Tester will be working individually and in teams mostly in a virtual capacity. This individual will be performing penetration testing or vulnerability assessment of web application, network, wireless, code review and firewall on multi-protocol enterprise systems.
• Independence: self-managed and motivated
• Team oriented
• Project Management: Takes responsibility for satisfaction of client assigned project
• BT Representative
• Public Speaking
• Technical writing and vulnerability research
• Scoping of client’s testing effort
• Strong web application and / or penetration testing experience is a requirement
• Experience in vulnerability identification and remediation
• Excellent knowledge of multiple Operating Systems: Windows, Linux, Solaris, OS X, etc.
• Experience performing different types of security testing such as network penetration testing, wireless testing, code reviews, wireless and/or firewall assessments
• In depth knowledge of HTTP proxying tools such as Burp, WebScarab, Charles, Fiddler, etc.
• Familiarity with Web technologies such as XML, SOAP, AJAX
• Familiarity with web Server and Application Software: IIS, Apache, WebLogic, WebSphere, Tomcat, etc.
• Experience with any of the following commercial application scanning tools such as IBM's AppScan, HP’s WebInspect, NTOSpider, Cenzic's Hailstorm, Application Security Inc.’s AppDetective
• Experience with vulnerability scanning tools such as Tenable’s Nessus
• Experience with open source software such as nmap, netcat, nikto, tcpdump, openssh, openssl, openvpn
• Practical programming knowledge (C/C++, Perl, Python, Ruby, etc.) for potential tool and exploit development
• Technical knowledge in network security products, cryptographic suites and network / applications firewalls are a plus
• Experience with mobile application and operating system testing are a bonus
• Training of client staff
• Understanding of best-practice methodologies
• Opportunity Identification
• Ability to articulate components of the BT security consulting offering as well as of the BT associated services
Education and Certifications:
Bachelor Degree in Information Technology/Computer Science or 5 years IT experience
Any of the following certifications: CISSP, GIAC, CEH certifications
Benefits and Training
BT is an employee-oriented company that offers a collaborative environment for consultants to work in. BT offers training, both internally and externally to our consultants through Webinars, training classes, seminars, boot camps, online training, and assistance in gaining certifications.
Above & beyond your base salary are a full suite of medical, dental, vision, 401K Matching, flex and health spending accounts; short/long term disability & life insurance; ESPP; vacation package; plus bonus.
Existing authorization to work in the United States is required.
Relocation support for this position is not currently available or necessary for this position.
BT is an Equal Opportunity Employer.