[Article]-Video: MS SQL Preauth Attack, Pwdump and John the Ripper

<<

don

Administrator
Administrator

Post Sat Sep 02, 2006 1:50 am

[Article]-Video: MS SQL Preauth Attack, Pwdump and John the Ripper

Well, here we go. This is our first video, so be kind. We do plan on not only offering a number of them, but we also plan to add voice-overs to the vids to make following along easier.

So take a look using the link below:
Video: MS SQL Preauth Attack, Pwdump and John the Ripper

Chris is very open to feedback as well as suggestions for future videos. Currently in the works:

- Video to accompany Chris' tutorial on the Metasploit Web Interface.
- Another video similar to this one but he cracks the password using rainbow tables.
- We hope to be the authority on Metasploit v3 as it gets closer to coming out of beta. Chris is already working on a tutorial and video.

Don
Last edited by don on Sat Sep 02, 2006 1:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
CISSP, MCSE, CSTA, Security+ SME
<<

Kev

Post Sat Sep 02, 2006 9:25 am

Re: [Article]-Video: MS SQL Preauth Attack, Pwdump and John the Ripper

Nice!  Very well done.  I hope people appreciate the energy it takes to make one of these.  Thanks Chris and keep up the good work!
<<

LSOChris

Post Sun Sep 03, 2006 8:45 am

i actually had no idea the amount of work it takes to make one of those, but i do now :-)

anything anyone would like to see?  like Don said i have some MSF v3 stuff in the works.
Last edited by LSOChris on Mon Sep 04, 2006 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

don

Administrator
Administrator

Post Mon Sep 04, 2006 1:17 pm

Time to make the big jump and see what the rest of the world thinks. We submitted this video to the normal sites. Vote at will.

Don
CISSP, MCSE, CSTA, Security+ SME
<<

Kev

Post Wed Sep 06, 2006 2:54 pm

I wonder if anyone would be interested in a good snort tutorial?  Would you want to do one?  I dont think you can find a good  one on the net in video format.
Last edited by Kev on Wed Sep 06, 2006 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

LSOChris

Post Wed Sep 06, 2006 3:23 pm

what do you want to see?  setting it up? viewing alerts? viewing packets? updating the rules, etc, all of that?
<<

Kev

Post Wed Sep 06, 2006 7:10 pm

I would think most people would benefit from seeing all of the above, but that might be too much work to do that.  If you can,  I am sure everyone here would be grateful. If that’s too much, then certainly reading alerts would be good for CEH candidates because the test often brings that up.  Perhaps some others reading this could take 2 seconds to post if they want to see it also?  Jeeze,  I don’t know of another site on the internet that has someone offering to make tailored made tutorial videos on computer security! 

Hey, even when I know a tool very well, I still love to see the latest video tutorial.  Maybe that’s just me.
<<

LSOChris

Post Wed Sep 06, 2006 8:13 pm

well i wrote the initial snort course and specs for the snort simulator for LSO, i am sure i can do something up :-)

Return to Gates