<<

don

Administrator
Administrator

Post Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:03 am

Burp Suite Pro v1.3.09 Released

Release notes: http://releases.portswigger.net/2010/11/v1309.html

Just in case, here's a description:

Burp Suite is an integrated platform for performing security testing of web applications. Its various tools work seamlessly together to support the entire testing process, from initial mapping and analysis of an application's attack surface, through to finding and exploiting security vulnerabilities.

Burp gives you full control, letting you combine advanced manual techniques with state-of-the-art automation, to make your work faster, more effective, and more fun.

Don
CISSP, MCSE, CSTA, Security+ SME
<<

hungrymind

Post Sun Nov 07, 2010 7:10 pm

Re: Burp Suite Pro v1.3.09 Released

Thanks Don! Trying it now.

I am enrolled in the eLearnSecurity pen-testing course and we just covered usage of Burp suite. Nifty little tool!

hungrymind
<<

MindOverMatter

Post Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:17 pm

Same here hungrymind, I bet we're at or around the same module.  I wish we had a forum or chat facility at eLearn (other than the feedback place), so we could exchange ideas and communicate in regards to the course.

Seem's like our eLearn forum is here lol.  I've actually run into some issues with Burp and the simple proxy stuff in the first module, let me know how it goes for you (another reason I'd like an exclusive eLearn place..).

Oh, and I'll definitely let you know (everyone..) how it goes in regards to getting the CEH voucher..
A+, Network+, Security+, CIW Associate, CCNA, C|EH
<<

UNIX

Post Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:57 am

MindOverMatter wrote:I wish we had a forum or chat facility at eLearn (other than the feedback place), so we could exchange ideas and communicate in regards to the course.

Well, why don't you simply ask Armando for it? ;)
<<

hayabusa

Post Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:14 am

awesec wrote:Well, why don't you simply ask Armando for it? ;)

He IS a member here, too, after all...
~ hayabusa ~ 

"All men can see these tactics whereby I conquer, but what none can see is the strategy out of which victory is evolved." - Sun Tzu, 'The Art of War'

OSCE, OSCP , GPEN, C|EH
<<

don

Administrator
Administrator

Post Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:52 pm

Or we just setup a new board for discussing the specific cert right here on EH-Net like we have for some others. I'll talk to Armando.

Don
CISSP, MCSE, CSTA, Security+ SME
<<

MindOverMatter

Post Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:22 pm

These all sound like great ideas, I hadn't asked yet, since we have a voting system and one of them is for something similar to a message boad.

It would be cool if he wanted to have it hosted here, the only objection I could see would be having non members of eLearnSecurity seeing discussions about specific course material, but that's for the top dogs to talk about.  I'm up for anything :)
A+, Network+, Security+, CIW Associate, CCNA, C|EH

Return to Tools