VoIP Hacking

<<

seoladder

Post Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:25 am

VoIP Hacking

hey u all,
Anybody know how can i prevent my VoIP account from Hacking.
As someone has hacked my premium VoIP account and is using it for over two days and I can not stop that HACKER... I have upgraded the security for the router and the other SIP truncks security but still can't prevent!!!!

Can you let me know how can i prevent this PLEASE..... ???

Thank you
vipul
<<

putosusio

Post Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:30 am

Re: VoIP Hacking

Is this a home VOIP solution or an enterprise VOIP?
Its not the fixing that's the hard part, its knowing what needs fixing.
<<

sil

Post Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:35 am

Re: VoIP Hacking

seoladder wrote:hey u all,
Anybody know how can i prevent my VoIP account from Hacking.
As someone has hacked my premium VoIP account and is using it for over two days and I can not stop that HACKER... I have upgraded the security for the router and the other SIP truncks security but still can't prevent!!!!

Can you let me know how can i prevent this PLEASE..... ???

Thank you
vipul

I wrote a document on locking down Asterisk based PBX's you can read here: http://infiltrated.net/asterisk-ips.html As for blocking, you should throw up a firewall and solely allow connections from trusted sources and block all others. Configure your PBX for strong usernames and passwords, there is no reason to use numbers or common names for registrations. For example, on most PBX's you don't need the name 1000 for extension 1000. This is just an alias, you could always create a SIP account with the username: mypbx.account.1000 and redirect DID's and extensions to that username. This eliminates weak username/password combos provided you configure a strong password.

It would have helped it you specified a little more information, e.g., what kind of PBX are we talking about. Hosted, managed, in house, corporate, home, etc.,

Return to Incident Response