elearn security

<<

SephStorm

Post Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:46 am

elearn security

Does anyone know exactly when they are launching their student level pentesting class, or indeed, have any information on what will be covered, how it compares to the PRO?
sectestanalysis.blogspot.com/‎
<<

COm_BOY

Post Sat Oct 16, 2010 12:23 pm

Re: elearn security

Have you emailed them (elearn) regarding this ?
It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has exceeded our humanity.
<<

SephStorm

Post Sun Oct 17, 2010 5:31 am

Not yet, I tried the online chat, but I don't think they have the correct link set.
<<

morpheus063

Post Sun Oct 17, 2010 7:33 am

@SephStorm - Informed Armando - eLearnSecurity. Hope to get an update from the team soon.
Manu Zacharia
MVP (Enterprise Security), ISLA-2010 (ISC)², C|EH, C|HFI, CCNA, MCP,
Certified ISO 27001:2005 Lead Auditor

[b]There are 3 roads to spoil; women, gambling & hacking. The most pleasant with women, the quickest with gambling, but the surest is hacking - c0c0n
<<

Armando

Post Sun Oct 17, 2010 8:00 am

Hello all,
Thanks for your interest in our new upcoming course.

While we do not have a solid release date, it should be slated for November or December at worst.

Something you might be interested to know:
  • It will cover all the basics required to enter the Ethical Hacking/Pentesting field in Network and Application Security
  • It will include video and flash based training as well as self assessment quizzes, customized learning path
  • It aims at not just teaching hacking but introducing the student to the world of security. (Cannot say more about this)
  • It will include practical lab based training

Differences with the PRO are:
  • It is for students with 0 to 2 years experience in the pentesting field
  • It will be a bit less detailed than PRO and will contain a relatively smaller syllabus in terms of techniques covered but a number of precious advices and pointers to enter the industry that you wouldn't find in PRO
  • This course will not come with certification attached unlike the PRO
  • This course will ship a small live lab for students to practice their attacking skills for the first time

As a last note I can assure it will bring an incredible value for the lowest price in the industry.

We plan to start a pre-release mailing list that will entitle you all to get the course for a discount and know more information.

We will post an announcement in this forum and on Twitter @elearnsecurity

Thanks again for your interest
Founder and Lead Author of eLearnSecurity
Training for Penetration Testers
http://www.elearnsecurity.com

Founder of HACK.ME Free community based web app security virtual labs
https://hack.me
<<

SephStorm

Post Sun Oct 17, 2010 4:57 pm

Thanks for the info, December is exactly when I plan to start my studies. Looks like a good course.
<<

xMalachi

Post Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:39 pm

Armando wrote:Hello all,
Thanks for your interest in our new upcoming course.

While we do not have a solid release date, it should be slated for November or December at worst.

Something you might be interested to know:
  • It will cover all the basics required to enter the Ethical Hacking/Pentesting field in Network and Application Security
  • It will include video and flash based training as well as self assessment quizzes, customized learning path
  • It aims at not just teaching hacking but introducing the student to the world of security. (Cannot say more about this)
  • It will include practical lab based training

Differences with the PRO are:
  • It is for students with 0 to 2 years experience in the pentesting field
  • It will be a bit less detailed than PRO and will contain a relatively smaller syllabus in terms of techniques covered but a number of precious advices and pointers to enter the industry that you wouldn't find in PRO
  • This course will not come with certification attached unlike the PRO
  • This course will ship a small live lab for students to practice their attacking skills for the first time

As a last note I can assure it will bring an incredible value for the lowest price in the industry.

We plan to start a pre-release mailing list that will entitle you all to get the course for a discount and know more information.

We will post an announcement in this forum and on Twitter @elearnsecurity

Thanks again for your interest

Will this course be a gateway to the PRO course? Will I have acquired enough knowledge from this one to move onto the PRO course? Mind you, I have very little security experience so I want to find out if these 2 courses combined would be a good foundation for entering into the security world.
<<

Armando

Post Fri Nov 12, 2010 8:39 am

Although a bit late, I am replying to this thread.
Definitely, the Student version will prepare you to the Professional version that dives more into each techniques and actually include a broader range of topics.

So I'd say you should have no problem attending the pro course after the Student version.
Founder and Lead Author of eLearnSecurity
Training for Penetration Testers
http://www.elearnsecurity.com

Founder of HACK.ME Free community based web app security virtual labs
https://hack.me

Return to General Certification