OSCP and Exploit Development

<<

ninjahacker

Post Thu Oct 07, 2010 5:33 am

OSCP and Exploit Development

Hi All,

I am planning to take up OSCP cert. I understand that the exam is quite tough and I have a question. Since the exam is only for 24 hrs, do we have to write POC/ exploit code during the test or is it enough to show we can modify the exploit for our purposes, considering the fact that we can use metasploit only once
<<

caissyd

Post Thu Oct 07, 2010 7:04 am

Re: OSCP and Exploit Development

Since the exam is only for 24 hrs

This may seem "short", but I was quite tired at the end...  ;)

Some people said they completed the exam in about 8 hours, so make your own conclusions from this. That being said, most people seem to take more than 20 hours...
OSCP, GPEN, GWAPT, GSEC, CEH, CISSP
(aka H1t.M0nk3y)
<<

COm_BOY

Post Fri Oct 08, 2010 8:01 am

It has got nothing to do with exploit development !!!
It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has exceeded our humanity.
<<

dante

Post Fri Oct 08, 2010 8:26 am

COm_BOY wrote:It has got nothing to do with exploit development !!!

You got OSCP certificate?
<<

mambru

Post Fri Oct 08, 2010 9:49 am

It has got nothing to do with exploit development !!!

Have you gone through the challenge??
<<

KrisTeason

Post Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:44 am

@ninjahacker - As I stated in this thread:
http://www.ethicalhacker.net/component/option,com_smf/Itemid,54/topic,6148.msg32791/topicseen,1/#new, no one is suppose to reveal any details relating to the examination. This is the second thread within the past week where it seems off-sec students are coming over looking for possible hints for what they can look forward to on the exam. The exam is quite tough and don't worry about how long the allocated time period is for it, it's very do-able within the time frame. Labs have been provided for you to practice your skills in. Be sure to complete all of your lab exercises and if you can, I'd highly recommend doing the extra-mile exercises. Be prepared for anything on the exam and don't come here expecting hints and tips relating to this test. I don't mean to seem harsh on you it's just people who have taken the course have signed a contract agreeing to not disclose any information to the exam. Refer to number 45 under Confidentiality in the Legal Form contract agreement.
Last edited by KrisTeason on Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
eCPPT (Silver/Gold), eWPT, GSEC, GISP, GCIH, OSCP, OSWP
<<

COm_BOY

Post Fri Oct 08, 2010 3:53 pm

Now should I write anything after that ?? Well to be quite honest you dont know whats coming in exam because for every student its a changed network and different challenges ... so I believe no one can help you because you dont know whats gona come up ...

Just be good at the topics mentioned in workbook
It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has exceeded our humanity.
<<

ssherei

Post Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:27 pm

the question you are asking is too direct and even offsec team will not answer this question and will tell you that you'll haev to wait and see , if u finished your lab exercises u should be fine, but you'll have to think out of the box for the cert challenge, and the only advice i can give u is Try harder ;) , and dont depend on the replies you get here from non  OSCP members they are just jelous :D
Last edited by ssherei on Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OSCE, OSCP

Return to OSCP - Offensive Security Certified Professional