Help Promote EH-Net

<<

gerardm24

Post Wed Dec 24, 2008 3:30 pm

Re: Help Promote EH-Net

Hi Guys and Gals. i am new to the forum but highly impressed by the quantity and quality of the content. Keep it up and I hope to not only learn from you but also do the occasional post myself.
<<

don

Administrator
Administrator

Post Wed Dec 24, 2008 3:46 pm

Many thanks. It's always good to hear the positive comments as well as the critical ones.

Happy Holidays,
Don
CISSP, MCSE, CSTA, Security+ SME
<<

gregtampa

Post Wed Dec 24, 2008 4:30 pm

Its good to see your still around Don!! just stopping in and saying hello.. been a few years since i been here.. alot changed looks good.. lots of traffic keep up the great work!

don wrote:Now that we have seen traffic grow, it's time to start getting the word out there about all of the great work that you guys do and pull more out of the woodworks. There are several ways to help our community grow. Here are just a few:

1. Vote for us using the links at the bottom of the right column. Progenic gives us the most clicks in return, but voting for all three helps. Just like it is here in Chicago - vote often.  ;)
2. Review this site on Alexa.
3. Link to us from your site or other places / forums you visit. More links = higher placement on search engines.
4. If you were going to buy any products or attend any security training, use our affiliate links or simply tell them we sent you. It helps them continue to sponsor the Free Monthly Giveaways... and we all love those don't we?

For you lurkers out there...
I know the info on this site has helped you. Why not become a member? Ask anyone, we don't inundate you with spam. In fact, it's rare that we send email blasts more than once every other month if that much. And we don't sell our email list.

For those members who have not posted...
What are you waiting for? There are $1000s in prizes just waiting to be taken! Introduce yourself, tell us how you found the site, what you think of it, thoughts on new things you'd like to see. Hell... tell us we suck! You took the time to register, at least post once. We should always strive to have more topics (not posts) than members.

Thanks in advance for any and all efforts,
Don
<<

Kev

Post Thu Dec 25, 2008 2:32 pm

Even just mentioning the site in casual conversation with someone with similar interests can be helpful.  I almost always mention this site to network admins when I am doing a pentest as a place to ask questions and further their knowledge.
<<

jason

Post Fri Dec 26, 2008 10:09 pm

I think we need a t-shirt. T-shirt design contest perhaps Don?
<<

don

Administrator
Administrator

Post Fri Dec 26, 2008 10:30 pm

Love the idea of a shirt. T-shirt, not sure. In keeping with the more professional 'tude of the site and its members, maybe we should go with something like a polo or button down with EH-Net embroidered on it. I have 3 of them made for myself, and those at the last ChicagoCon saw them. Then again, we could do both. How about t-shirts with more professional sayings like:

I hack for a living. You can, too!
www.ethicalhacker.net

What do you think?

Don
<<

jason

Post Fri Dec 26, 2008 10:53 pm

I'd definitely vote for both.
<<

blackazarro

Post Sat Dec 27, 2008 12:53 am

That's a great idea! I'm always on the net looking for cool hacker/security threads. Polo or button shirts for work and tees for hittin the streets.

Here's one:

I hack therefore I am.
Last edited by blackazarro on Sat Dec 27, 2008 12:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Security+, OSCP, CEH
<<

Kev

Post Sat Dec 27, 2008 7:53 pm

That's a good idea Don.  Never dismiss the power of a slogan on a shirt. If you do then read up about how much money those guys made from TAP OUT shirts. Its actually obscene! Its kind of a weird world we live in. We spend countless hours perfecting our hacking skills and 3 average guys come along and put a simple slogan on a shirt playing off the UFC and make more money than just about anyone I know in security, LOL! 
???
<<

jason

Post Sat Dec 27, 2008 9:38 pm

Hrmm how about "We hack so that others may not"
<<

RoleReversal

Post Mon Dec 29, 2008 3:52 am

I'd definitely go for both.

To counter the usual comments I get when I tell people what I do how about, 'not all hacking is illegal'? Not sure if that's good, but something with the same message could be useful.
<<

jason

Post Mon Dec 29, 2008 9:28 am

Maybe something like "hacking is not (always) a crime"
<<

RoleReversal

Post Mon Dec 29, 2008 9:33 am

That could work, I tried toying with the 'hacking is not a crime' but couldn't get past the fact it is.

I sense a new poll brewing for this one....Don?
<<

don

Administrator
Administrator

Post Mon Dec 29, 2008 11:36 am

As I've always said, let's call a spade a spade. Hacking is not a crime. Those that use it for illicit purposes should be called by the correct name... criminals.

No need for a poll.  ;)

Don
<<

Joe Simple

Post Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:11 am

Hey all,

I'm at uni with a group of around 70 people on this sort of course (combination of Digital Forensics and Ethical Hacking.) I can let everyone here know about the site and the forum if you like?? If not that's fine too :) Ill wait on any conformation I need before I say anything.

Joe Simple
PreviousNext

Return to News Items and General Discussion About EH-Net