[n00b] Planning for GWAPT - Request for Help

<<

maanav

Post Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:16 am

[n00b] Planning for GWAPT - Request for Help

Dear Members

I am a new member. I have been following this site for many days. An inspiring site. Thank you all for such a wonderful repository! I'll try my level's best to contribute.

I have a request to make. I am an ISMS Implementer, wanting to make a foray into web application security. I have thought of preparing for GWAPT. Buying SANS courses are out of scope, so i have prepared a small plan. I would request all the members to have a look at it and help me to improve upon it. BTW, feel free to use it if it helps.

Thank you all
Maanav
<<

dynamik

Recruiters
Recruiters

Post Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:39 am

Re: [n00b] Planning for GWAPT - Request for Help

Creating a new account on a hacking site and uploading an office doc is pretty suspect dude :o

(VirusTotal came back with nothing, so I just threw it into Google docs [hopefully no XSS], but open at your own risk...)

Gray Hat Python is going to be overkill and over your head if you're new to Python. Start with O'Reilly's Learning Python.

The OWASP guide is another great resource: http://www.owasp.org/index.php/Category ... ng_Project

The Web App Hackers Handbook is a fairly comprehensive read. I'd go through that before diving into so many other similar books. For example, the Hacking Exposed: Web Apps book is rather out-dated.

You also get two practice exams when you sign up for a challenge, so you can use those to determine your weak areas and then research those.
The day you stop learning is the day you start becoming obsolete.
<<

maanav

Post Mon Sep 20, 2010 12:54 pm

Hi Dynamik

Sorry for the goof-up! It was not till i read your reply that i understood the mistake i made by that upload. I'll keep it in mind. Thank you again :)

Initially, when i started out (that was around a month back), i had this (silly!) idea of solving this how-to-solve-GWAPT-problem not only for I but for all the people out there. Now i understand one thing, that i have to attack this thing and learn as i go forward.

Thank you. I hope to contribute to this site someday the way u people r doing ... till then, please keep it up!

Regards
Maanav
<<

sil

Post Mon Sep 20, 2010 3:27 pm

dynamik wrote:Creating a new account on a hacking site and uploading an office doc is pretty suspect dude :o

I wouldn't worry about it much. Cursors are supposed to move on their own. And those connections to APNIC, figment of your imagination.
<<

MaXe

Post Mon Sep 20, 2010 3:41 pm

sil wrote:
dynamik wrote:Creating a new account on a hacking site and uploading an office doc is pretty suspect dude :o

I wouldn't worry about it much. Cursors are supposed to move on their own. And those connections to APNIC, figment of your imagination.

It even said, download this DLL file from www.cn28321hdsfe.za and of course I did place it in the same directory as the excel file as mentioned ;)
I'm an InterN0T'er
<<

sil

Post Mon Sep 20, 2010 4:03 pm

MaXe wrote:It even said, download this DLL file from www.cn28321hdsfe.za and of course I did place it in the same directory as the excel file as mentioned ;)

Come on... How could you not trust a domain name like cn28321hdsfe.za

Return to Web Applications