CEH Passed, Courseware, and Study Tips

<<

DrivinTin

Post Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:34 pm

CEH Passed, Courseware, and Study Tips

Hey everyone! I probably lurked around here long enough, so I am happy to say I passed my C|EH!  I dragged my heels but finally knocked it out in a couple of months of self study once I started.

First off, (and if this is in bad form please mods delete this), I am ebaying my courseware.  I managed to absorb about as much as possible out of it, and planning on getting a few more certs so I need the money.  So if you are interested here is the ebay link:  http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0696701192

Now onto the magic question that everyone wants to know, how to study for it.  Honestly I think the people over at EC-Council did a great job of making the test so that you have to know your stuff.  I am sure someone has the dumps out there, but I didn't look.  I studied the courseware, the offiicial study guide, then wrapped it up with the uCertify Prep software.  The test took some thinking on a few questions to work out some problems, but overall it wasn't too bad.

My experience is light computer security work for years, I am pretty decent with all the distros out there and use Pentoo for the most part.

Please hit me up with any questions you guys may have, especially if your taking the test anytime soon.
Currently working on:
A UAV Project
Speaking and conferences
<<

don

Administrator
Administrator

Post Wed Sep 15, 2010 8:52 am

Re: CEH Passed, Courseware, and Study Tips

Welcome and congrats. Thanks for coming out of lurker status. ;-)

What are the next certs on your list?

Don
CISSP, MCSE, CSTA, Security+ SME
<<

wadafreak

Post Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:44 am

Congrats on the CEH pass!  Did you find any issues with using the UCertify tools?  I bought this and am having issues getting it to come out of the Demo mode...and not much response to the company.
<<

DrivinTin

Post Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:32 pm

Sorry this took so long, I have been out of the country on work. 

I am independent, so really my next few certs are going to be the ones that everyone wants to see.  So first up is Net+, Security+ before they change at the end of the year.  Then CCNA Security since most companies want to see Cisco certs anymore.  Then the next ones will be fun ones, probably the OffSec or something like that.

I will say to be careful with the uCertify stuff.  I got to where I could make 100% on every test on uCertify test, but honestly if I would have just studied that and gone into the test I am not sure I would have passed, it would have been really close.  But as far as problems with the application, I didn't have any, you just put in your email address and it verifys it with the server and that is it if i remember correctly. 
Currently working on:
A UAV Project
Speaking and conferences
<<

DrivinTin

Post Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:28 pm

Just to let others know who passed this test.  I passed mine at the end of July and just got my letter in that mail today on the 28th of Sept.
Currently working on:
A UAV Project
Speaking and conferences
<<

rdm

Post Tue Sep 28, 2010 6:25 pm

I passed mine in June and still have not gotten mine.  I was given a tracking number and it says its on its way.
GCIH, GCIA, GSNA, CEH, Security+

Return to CEH - Certified Ethical Hacker