CEH, clearance, really?

<<

delusion

Post Thu Sep 09, 2010 3:05 pm

CEH, clearance, really?

Hey all  ;D

I should hopefully pass my Security+ this Saturday  :o and next plan to start reading towards my CEH.  I am in no rush to pass this certification, but have noticed that on the eccouncil website you must complete the CEH Exam Eligibility Form beforehand.  I know this is a stupid question, but I like to be absoultely certain for peace of mind... Do i really need to fill this form out, or can I just book an exam?  I have gone onto the Prometric site, gone through the steps and it does seem I am able to book the exam.  My only concern is I would pass the exam WOhooo, but then fail as I havent filled, sent and been accepted to sit the exam.  Or even worse, pass and never receive my certificate :( That would suck big time!

What are your thoughts guys  8)
You Cant Resolve Problems Whilst At WAR!
<<

dynamik

Recruiters
Recruiters

Post Thu Sep 09, 2010 4:04 pm

Re: CEH, clearance, really?

If I remember right, I had to enter a code to allow me to register. Regardless, I would definitely get approval before scheduling the exam.

Good luck with your Security+ exam.
The day you stop learning is the day you start becoming obsolete.
<<

delusion

Post Thu Sep 09, 2010 4:16 pm

Thanks dynamik, i'll take you up on that  :P
You Cant Resolve Problems Whilst At WAR!
<<

charliemong

Post Thu Sep 09, 2010 5:25 pm

Good luck on the Sec+ exam dude. And ask dynamic says would deff fill the form in. Its better to be safe then sorry.
If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.
- Sun Tzu
<<

venom77

Post Fri Sep 10, 2010 6:01 am

If you haven't taken a CEH class at an authorized training center (ATC), or aren't planning to, you have to fill out the form and send it to EC-Council for approval to sit the exam. From what I've seen, they are more than lenient. As dynamik pointed out, a special code is needed from EC-Council in order to register for the exam.
<<

JollyJokker

Post Fri Sep 10, 2010 6:27 am

Hi delusion,

As BillV mentioned, you can trade the experience with attending a course from an authorized training center (ATC)

Return to Security