Please guys, I really need your help

<<

abojasim13@yahoo.com

Post Thu Sep 02, 2010 11:46 am

Please guys, I really need your help

[size=100][size=100]Hi guys
first accept my apology because I didnt know where to post this
I need your help to shut a thief forum
those forum owners had stolen our forum and hosted it with exact domain name but with dot net instead of dot com and filled the whole stolen site with PERSONAL insultings and swears  to the genuine Forum owner
we hired few guys but they all quit claiming that the host is encrypted and couldnt find a way to pass it
we just want to shut down the website and do not intend any harm
because the swears in the stealers site are also insulting our honor and our families
I appeal you if some body can help to shut it down
and we are ready to show you the genuine and the stealer site to compare and authenticate our claim
please add me to your messenger abojasim13 at yahoo dot com
Thanks in advance
[/size][/size]
<<

ziggy_567

Post Thu Sep 02, 2010 11:52 am

Re: Please guys, I really need your help

.net and .com are not the exact domain name.

"something.com" is not the same as "something.net." They can resolve to the same IP address, but they can also resolve to different IP's. If you have registered both the .net and .com domains, then you have legal standing. If not, the best thing you could do is alert the ISP that is hosting the offending website to the situation. They do not HAVE to do anything about it, but they are the only people that CAN do anything about it legally.
--
Ziggy

eCPPT - GSEC - GCIH - GWAPT - GCUX - RHCE - SCSecA - Security+ - Network+
<<

abojasim13@yahoo.com

Post Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:11 pm

I know they are not the same,, but stealing style and threads full of swearing and insulting ethically justify attacking the website and shutting it down
what could the ISP do other than blocking the website which can be passed using any proxy"this is the best thing they would do  here in middle east where there are still now laws organize the activities and ethics in cyber space yet"
I appeal you guys,, please some one help us in shutting it down
we have been tolerant for along time with those thieves hoping that they will have some manners and close it by themselves
<<

caissyd

Post Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:15 pm

Can you give us the address of these 2 sites? I guess you don't have to, but I would mind looking at them...
OSCP, GPEN, GWAPT, GSEC, CEH, CISSP
(aka H1t.M0nk3y)
<<

abojasim13@yahoo.com

Post Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:11 pm

of course
Genuine site:
q8zajil.com "one of the biggest arabic forum of homing doves and race pigeons "
Stealers's :
q8zajil.net
please use google translator to translate the website from arabic to english
PLEASE notify the swears and bad language toward DODI who is actually Khalid the owner of genuine website
Thanks alot, I really appreciate it
<<

caissyd

Post Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:19 am

@abojasim13: I saw the bad language, but still, there is nothing we can do about it. It is illegal and this forum is about white hat hackers, people who are there to help others defend themselves by showing them where the joles are in their systems.

And even if someone would take the site down, they would fix the vulnerability and but it up again, stronger then before...

My advice to you is to warn people about "other copies" of your site. There is not much you can do about it...

Hope you understand :-\
OSCP, GPEN, GWAPT, GSEC, CEH, CISSP
(aka H1t.M0nk3y)
<<

MaXe

Post Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:25 am

H1t M0nk3y wrote:My advice to you is to warn people about "other copies" of your site. There is not much you can do about it...

Hope you understand :-\

In case there is copyrighted material which has been copied from his site to the other, then he's able to claim copyright for that if he's the rightful owner.
I'm an InterN0T'er
<<

amdinside

Post Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:33 am

abojasim13 wrote:I know they are not the same,, but stealing style and threads full of swearing and insulting ethically justify attacking the website and shutting it down

I have to disagree.  This is what the legal system is for.  Get a lawyer and talk to the ISP hosting the offending website.  Attacking a website that you are not authorized to attack is illegal no matter if you think it is justified.
<<

dynamik

Recruiters
Recruiters

Post Fri Sep 03, 2010 10:54 pm

MaXe wrote:In case there is copyrighted material which has been copied from his site to the other, then he's able to claim copyright for that if he's the rightful owner.

That might actually work since the .net address is indeed hosted within the US (Scranton, PA - is it at Dunder Mifflin?) I'd start by contacting their ISP.
The day you stop learning is the day you start becoming obsolete.
<<

shaqazoolu

Post Mon Sep 06, 2010 12:29 am

I'm too lazy to look into the geography of it, but I randomly remembered this from the one random business law class I had in college.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cybersquatting
Learning mode engaged.
<<

The 3agl3

Post Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:19 am

yes i see how that could be very frustrating but it is the internet and you can within reason do and/or say whatever you like so i doubt you should ask someone to "take down" their site they have the same right as you to have a site no matter how similar
<<

pjsutton

Post Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:54 pm

I guess you could offer to buy the .net.... not a good solution but they are mirroring your site content for some reason.
<<

Bushman4u

Post Mon Dec 06, 2010 6:35 pm

Besides all other recommendations by others, I would suggest that you hire professional pentester(s) who can figure out things for you - why this is happening, which vuln. is exploited and how to fix it for you legally.

It may cause you some $$ but it is the final blow to them and relief for you.

But for any person to start attacking/hacking this site withour proper procedures, will be liable to breaking the law and risk going to prison.

Hope this help
Certifications: CISSP, GISP, GPEN, GAWN, MCSE, Network+ and A+
<<

SephStorm

Post Tue Dec 07, 2010 4:52 am

Only thing not mentioned here is Law Enforcement, contact your local LE agency, see if any local/state/federal laws were broken, you might even be able to set the FBI on them.
sectestanalysis.blogspot.com/‎

Return to Cyber Warfare