Some certifications I'm considering at the moment:
- Offensive Security Certified Professional (OSCP): Don't think there is much to tell about it. My only concern is time, which is pretty short since I'm a full time student as well as working as a security consultant.
- Offensive Security Wireless Professional (OSWP): The few reviews I read were all positive. Seems to be doable with little time as well. Only concern is about it's partly kind of outdated syllabus.
- GIAC Certified Penetration Tester (GPEN): Am I correct that I can't go for this exam through Pearson/ Prometric? Can you do self-study and go only for the exam?
- OSSTMM Professional Security Tester (OPST): Would be interested in this one too, but it seems here again that you have to do a class in order to go for the exam.
- Computer Hacking Forensic Investigator (CHFI)/ Licensed Penetration Tester (LPT): Well, since I already have the CEH it might be worth to get those as well. Not sure though..
- elearnsecurity's Certified Professional Penetration Tester (eCPPT): Sounds funny too, not sure about it's required skill level though. Since I'm already doing a lot of penetration testing this one might focus too much on more basic things.
Any thoughts on those or similar ones which would fit in? Time and money should be considered as well. Currently not interested in any Cisco, MS, Checkpoint and similar certifications.