Discovering Information Security

<<

MatP

Post Thu Aug 12, 2010 2:13 pm

Discovering Information Security

I didn't really know where to post this, but I just wanted to share with everyone that I have started a blog to:

share with you the steps I take in my career to find a position in penetration testing, provide my own perspectives and insights on what is happening in the Information Security world and to discuss information technology in general.

I decided that blogging about these things will help me to stay focused and give me a place to write down my goals publicly and hopefully provide some interesting perspectives on a variety of topics.

It is of course not that interesting yet seeing as it's brand new, but hopefully I'll have some useful information on that site for anyone interested. If there is a place better suited for this post please feel free to move it :)

The blog is located at Discovering Information Security and is still very much a work in progress so feel free to post any suggestions you have either in the comments of the blog or in this thread.

Thanks a lot :)
<<

MatP

Post Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:22 pm

Re: Discovering Information Security

New post today regarding the recent dislike button on Facebook scam! Feel free to leave me a comment here or on the blog about what you think and how I might improve the blog/my writing. Criticism is very welcome but I'd appreciate it if you kept it constructive :)

Thanks!
<<

MatP

Post Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:23 am

Another post today, again I welcome you to make helpful suggestions on how I might improve it :)

Thanks!
<<

Anquilas

Post Tue Aug 24, 2010 2:52 am

Congrats on the blog! Look like it's a great place for many people to start.
Twitter: https://twitter.com/dietervds
Blog: https://synquell.wordpress.com (not much there yet)

The beginning of knowledge is the discovery of something we do not understand.
<<

MatP

Post Thu Aug 26, 2010 9:31 am

Thanks a lot Anquilas :)

I've published a new post today. I've recently been informed that my current contract will not be extended so I wrote about that as well as a new opportunity.

Been a little discouraged the past few days after the news that my employment is coming to an end which is why it's been a while since the last post. More to come over the next few days though!
<<

MatP

Post Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:11 pm

So after a fairly lengthy hiatus I've finally gotten some new content up. Some of it is merely about my hiatus and my new job, but I've also just posted a two-part article on passwords following the recent Gawker Media news and the study done on the passwords revealed.

Additionally, I have another big post in progress, though I don't know when it'll be done. Still researching some aspects of it and there will likely be some restructuring as I don't particularly like how it's written right now. I'll post an update here once it's done :) In case you're wondering it's about a Cory Doctorow novel called "Little Brother" and how it in many ways describes similar issues we are facing right now.

Anyway, will check back in soon :)
<<

MatP

Post Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:07 pm

New post related to the comments Steve Chang (Trend Micro's chairman) made today. The other post mentioned previously is still a work in progress. :)

Thanks for reading!

Return to Links to cool sites.