CEH Exp letter for self study

<<

VICKS_DX

Post Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:00 am

CEH Exp letter for self study

Hi all..i want to take CEH exam this coming month..i hav nt joined any course,rather m doin self study..CEH ppl are asking me for the experience letter showing two years of experience in Info Security...Can anyone who has taken this exam by self study provide me with the format or an example of hw the experience letter shld be?

And does education Qualification comes to play if a person doesn't hav 2 years of experience..?
ccna,ccna security & ccsa
<<

UNIX

Post Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:17 am

Re: CEH Exp letter for self study

Take a look at ec-council's website, there's probably everything you need:
http://www.eccouncil.org/portals/0/docu ... n-Form.pdf

It's not an absolute necessity to have two years of experience when going the self-study route. People in the past reported that they were permitted to sit for the exam even without it. Personally I'd write them an e-mail, outlining what you have done so far (e.g. university, your other certifications, work, etc.) and see what they answer. Usually it shouldn't be that of a problem. ;)
<<

VICKS_DX

Post Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:42 am

hey awsec but i dun think writing jus a email would suffice..it has to be on the letter head of the company..or r u sure tht jus an email with the eligibilty form wil do..
<<

UNIX

Post Wed Aug 04, 2010 2:06 am

I meant with writing an email that I'd explain them my situation first, by outlining what I have done/ achieved so far (be sure to mention your certifications you have in your signature, which will certainly help) and see what they answer. IMO no need here for a very formal way (form or anything) at this point. When you know more you can still ask them if you should supply a formal form too and how to formulate it best.
<<

VICKS_DX

Post Wed Aug 04, 2010 2:31 am

Alright..i will send a mail to the thm describing my educational and professional background.will attach the elgibilty form provided by thm and the driver license copy too..let c wht thy hav to say..
<<

COm_BOY

Post Thu Aug 12, 2010 3:03 pm

I will tell you something special :D
I met some of guys who made fake letters of existing company's letter head and sent to them and got the permission to sit in the exam

Moral of the story :
EC-Council is not verifying those letters , they only have this requirement so that certs like CEH can have some extra reputation in market .

my 2 cents

Disclaimer : By no means I am encouraging you to make a fake letter :) . It is just for information .
It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has exceeded our humanity.
<<

VICKS_DX

Post Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:31 am

thnx 4 d info buddy but my boss is kind enough to provide me with exp letter.  ;D

Return to CEH - Certified Ethical Hacker