Ethical Hacking-Penetration Testing "I need Help!"

<<

linuxuser

Post Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:52 pm

Ethical Hacking-Penetration Testing "I need Help!"

Hi guys!! I am a computer science student at PSUT "Princess Sumaya University for Technology" and I am happy with it! I am about to enter my second year and I don't wanna graduate until I be an Ethical Hacker and a computer scientist.
what I wanna know is that I saw a lot of things in this website such as CEH CPT and a lot!! but really I don't know what should I have to learn first to be a White Hat Hacker that can do anything programming, securing, penetration testing, hacking, developing programs...etc I wanna be that guy who knows everything in computers!!! this is my dream I can't stop it! what should I do?? what should I learn??
well, if this matters I have the EC-Council CEH V6 course installed in my computer "Ubuntu 10.04" it's about 62 modules, the first 25 have a videos lectures the self study...

PS: I want a free tutorials links for Ethical Hacking-Penetration Testing sorted by priority by an expert.

SORRY FOR BEING LAZY!! but remember you guys how were you at the first :)

cheers! :D
<<

rattis

Post Tue Jul 27, 2010 2:32 pm

Re: Ethical Hacking-Penetration Testing "I need Help!"

When I got started in IT (I started working for an Internet Backbone Provider when it was first privatized, I worked in the facilities department) in the mid 90s, I was given a list of things to learn. Nothing else was provided.

That list included: Unix, routing, switching, documentation, and phone etiquette.

I made a lot of use of the local libraries (including the University of Michigan's Dearborn Campus). What books I couldn't find, I bought.

I also got permission to stay after or come in early on my without pay, to get mentored by whoever was on shift. It worked out pretty well.

That being said, read Hacking for Dummies, and Professional Penetration Testing. Those 2 should get you a grounding in it. Then pick up some programming. C, Python, Perl, Unix Shell, etc. Assembly, if you want to get really dirty.

A lot of it will be cert and cert classes (OSCP, OSWP, GSEC, SEC+).
OSWP, Sec+
<<

linuxuser

Post Tue Jul 27, 2010 2:41 pm

Re: Ethical Hacking-Penetration Testing "I need Help!"

A big thanx to you chrisj you helped a lot by replying so fast!! :) and I am gonna take ur advise I am going for "Hacking for Dummies", and btw I am learning C++ from "C++ how to program" and I am about to enter the 11th chapter of 25...so wish me luck!!

cheers :D!!

Return to Tutorials