GCIH- Can I do it, please help

<<

robbo1869

Post Fri Jul 23, 2010 1:14 pm

GCIH- Can I do it, please help

Hi All,

I'm fresh out of school and was looking to take the GCIH exam. I currently have no certs but will be taking the class at the conference as well as purchasing the OnDemand supplemental slides, mp3s etc. My question is do you need to have a certain skillset or something before you take this test. I have no professional experience but will be taking the course + a couple months of the OnDemand stuff. Let me know what you think, thanks in advance!
GCIH
<<

ziggy_567

Post Sat Jul 24, 2010 7:14 am

Re: GCIH- Can I do it, please help

The exam is definitely do-able coming straight out of school. In fact, when I took the class, I had no experience in Incident Handling. I was familiar with most of the tools from messing around at home, but I had not professional experience with them.

You will get out of the class what you put into it. My suggestion would be to go on SANS website and look at the topics for each day and start reading, experimenting with those topics that you are the weakest in. The more knowledge you bring into the class, the more you will get out of the class...

While you're at the conference, GIAC will likely offer a SANS at Night talk on the certification process. You should definitely attend that. They give some great advice on preparation for a GIAC exam.

Good luck!
--
Ziggy

eCPPT - GSEC - GCIH - GWAPT - GCUX - RHCE - SCSecA - Security+ - Network+

Return to GCIH - GIAC Certified Incident Handler