Chinese

<<

IamHe

Post Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:36 pm

Chinese

Seeing as China may be our biggest cyber threat, do you think studying it along with computer security in college will increase the chances of getting a good government job?

Either way, I'm going to study it.. just because people say its very challenging.. and because I'm a big fan of the culture.. and tea.

Herro!
<<

rattis

Post Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:02 am

Re: Chinese

I know the local university (Eastern Michigan University) as an Information Assurance program right now. They're department head (over CS too) is claiming that the IA graduates (even with a BS) are getting 99% job placement, mostly with the government.

I don't know if the trend will continue, but I think a person to be good at security has to have had time in the trenches working on the products in question.
OSWP, Sec+
<<

dynamik

Recruiters
Recruiters

Post Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:39 pm

Check out: http://www.chineseclass101.com/

I use the Japanese equivalent for my studies. These are short, daily podcasts that teach you the language. You can pay a nominal fee to get access to the learning center and do flash cards and a lot of other interactive study tools. Innovative Language has a lot of other languages too.
The day you stop learning is the day you start becoming obsolete.
<<

A25414N

Post Wed Jul 28, 2010 2:35 am

nice info man..
<<

exit popup

Post Mon Aug 09, 2010 1:03 am

linguists are always in demand. Don't rule out Arabic in your equation. "good" and "government job" seems an oxymoron though.

Return to Cyber Warfare