Malware- Scroll Bar that appears/ disappears next to cursor some type of logger?

<<

blueocean8752

Post Wed Jul 21, 2010 7:57 pm

Malware- Scroll Bar that appears/ disappears next to cursor some type of logger?

I've been having months of troubles trying to find what this image could be... some type of keylogger since I have had troubles with all personal information compromised and isolated it to my actiontec router used with verizon fios.  It all started by my router being hacked and configured as a wireless lan bridge.... once I found whomever on there and knocked them off the network and stopped using wireless.... the propblems only continued to get worst.  Premium tech support have not been able to identify the image/logger/malware?

I'm leaving Verizon FIOS due to them not allowing you to use any other router besides the actiontec.

Anyone seen this image I'm attaching that would explain what type of malware/attack this is...... malwarebytes doesn't pick up on it at all.

I've isolated this for several months but will not make this post longer than needed for now.  One suggestion I was given was to do a ... netstat -o ... before plugging in the ethernet cord to see what foreign connections are trying to be established ... any other suggestions would be appreciated.

thanks,
Blue Ocean
Last edited by blueocean8752 on Thu Jul 22, 2010 1:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
<<

blueocean8752

Post Mon Jul 26, 2010 6:29 pm

Re: Malware- Scroll Bar that appears/ disappears next to cursor some type of logger?

The keylogger ? that I assume that image which looks like a mini scroll bar directly next to the cursor is occurring on 2 different computers even after I delete all partitions and reimage them with the complete restore discs and thats without accessing the internet at all....

If the bios was flashed / compromised...etc does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix whatever virus this could be.

-Blue Ocean

Return to Malware