Just joined the ranks - OSCP v3

<<

venom77

Post Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:31 am

Re: Just joined the ranks - OSCP v3

Cool! Nice work and congrats! Well done. :)
<<

j0rDy

Post Mon Jul 19, 2010 11:58 am

Congrats Hayabusa! did you spend any time on the lab machines? i just cant seem to find the time to do so :S
CISSP, CEH, ECSA, OSCP, OSWP, eCPPT, eWAPT

earning my stripes appears to be a road i must travel alone...with a little help of EH.net
<<

Xen

Post Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:44 pm

Knew you'll pass it. Congrats!

BTW I hope you're fine after the accident.
Last edited by Xen on Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

hayabusa

Post Mon Jul 19, 2010 3:40 pm

@jordy - the lab machines actually came pretty easily for me (but some of that was from experience)  The exam machines took a bit more time and effort, and there were a few curve balls I honestly didn't expect.  But if you spend the time on the labs, you should be good on the exam.

@Equix3n - doin' ok, but the residual pain in my neck and back is almost as distracting as the meds are hindering... So it's a sort of lose-lose situation, especially with my current customer load at work.  But I'm confident that, sooner or later, I'll be feeling better.  :'(
~ hayabusa ~ 

"All men can see these tactics whereby I conquer, but what none can see is the strategy out of which victory is evolved." - Sun Tzu, 'The Art of War'

OSCE, OSCP , GPEN, C|EH
<<

Anquilas

Post Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:29 am

You will Hayabusa, hopefully sooner rather then later.
A very big congrats on getting the OSCP, it's a definite inspiration!

Now get your *ss on the sofa or with your family and get some well-deserved rest  ;)
Twitter: https://twitter.com/dietervds
Blog: https://synquell.wordpress.com (not much there yet)

The beginning of knowledge is the discovery of something we do not understand.
<<

aphelion

Post Tue Jul 20, 2010 7:26 am

congrats hayabusa!

maybe everyone who passes OSCP should get a tattoo...like they do in the marines...seems like a real experience to go through  ;D
A+, Network+, Security+
<<

Darktaurus

Post Tue Jul 20, 2010 7:37 am

Congrates Hayabusa!!! I am sorry to hear about the pain but you definitely have to time to rest now.  Congrates again.  You are really inspiring people especially being about to manage you time with a family.  NICE WORK! ;)
OSCE, OSCP, OSWP, CISSP, GPEN

www.agoonie.com
<<

hayabusa

Post Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:06 pm

@Anquilas - yes, aside of working, spending the time resting and with the family, for a little bit.  (Believe me, I don't need reminding <grin>)

@aphelion - funny you should say that... although it's not because of OSCP or anything, I'm actually in the middle of getting a new tat as we speak.  Started it the day after my exam, and likely finishing it, end of this week.

@KillJ0y - glad to be of inspiration to you and / or others.  I'm just one who always likes to try to give 125%, for myself or others, even when I need to slow down and get my rest!  (And at that, I'll go get some  :P )
~ hayabusa ~ 

"All men can see these tactics whereby I conquer, but what none can see is the strategy out of which victory is evolved." - Sun Tzu, 'The Art of War'

OSCE, OSCP , GPEN, C|EH
<<

Knb15

Post Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:33 pm

A little late to the party, but congratulations!!
<<

DavidW

Post Fri Jul 23, 2010 2:00 pm

Congrats, hayabusa!  This is one course that I am certainly looking forward to when the time comes.  I'm starting to study for the CEH presently since my Security+ is done and even though late in the game, I got my MCSE: Security and can't wait to continue to pursue my path into the security world.  Congratulations again!  :)
A+, Security+, MCP, MCSA:Security - Server 2003, MCSE:Security - Server 2003, MCTS,  MCITP: Enterprise Support Technician, MCITP: Server Administrator

Presently working on C|EH
<<

eternal_security

Post Tue Aug 17, 2010 7:28 am

hayabusa wrote:Passed my OSCP this weekend.  Should've been a perfect score, but the last box in the challenge I was working on eluded me, as I've been on some heavy pain meds from a car accident last weekend, that had me spinning.  But I'm not one for excuses, and I passed, anyway, so w00t!

For all of those in the process, or planning to be, it's a great experience, you'll learn a lot, even if you are well-versed, already, and you'll have a really good time along the way.  Just be prepared for long hours and lots of self-paced study!

Tim

Congratulations on the OSCP - that is no easy feat!!  And are those pain meds for the result of your accident or from taking the PWB class and OSCP exam?  ;-)
<<

hayabusa

Post Tue Aug 17, 2010 7:42 am

Lol!  No, definitely from the car accident.  Just wish they actually eased the pain.  Docs keep prescribing the same things, even when I tell them nothing's helping.  My latest was that the docs ordered an MRI for me, and come to find out, they ordered it on the completely wrong section of my spine, so now I'm waiting for yet another one to be done, as the chiropractor and others are afraid to do anything else, based on my pain and what they're seeing / feeling, without having a better picture of what's going on.

I'm actually going to be taking the next two weeks (this coming Saturday through Sept 5) off work, to TRY to rest, as I can't even lay in bed with any comfort, and GOOD, restful sleep has eluded me now for almost 6 weeks.

But nah, OSCP was challenging, but not so much as to make me have to self-medicate!   :P
~ hayabusa ~ 

OSCE, OSCP , GPEN, C|EH
<<

eternal_security

Post Tue Aug 17, 2010 7:45 am

hayabusa wrote:Lol!  No, definitely from the car accident.  Just wish they actually eased the pain.  Docs keep prescribing the same things, even when I tell them nothing's helping.  My latest was that the docs ordered an MRI for me, and come to find out, they ordered it on the completely wrong section of my spine, so now I'm waiting for yet another one to be done, as the chiropractor and others are afraid to do anything else, based on my pain and what they're seeing / feeling, without having a better picture of what's going on.

I'm actually going to be taking the next two weeks (this coming Saturday through Sept 5) off work, to TRY to rest, as I can't even lay in bed with any comfort, and GOOD, restful sleep has eluded me now for almost 6 weeks.

But nah, OSCP was challenging, but not so much as to make me have to self-medicate!   :P

Well, I hope the docs figure out what's wrong and I'll be praying for a quick recovery for you. (BTW, you should make them pay for that extra MRI) Congrats again on the OSCP!!

Kind regards,
eternal_security
Previous

Return to General Certification