Anyone taken GREM (the cert)?

<<

former33t

Post Sat Jul 17, 2010 9:55 am

Anyone taken GREM (the cert)?

I've talked to a lot of people who have taken the SANS-610 course and I have looked through the material.  I was curious if anyone has taken the exam (the more recently the better, I figure they have added content for the fifth day).

I have been doing malware RE for a few years now and I think I'm pretty knowledgeable.  I've got more than a passing familiarity with IDA Pro and Olly which seem to be used in the course. I did some web programming a couple of years ago so I know some of the nasty things that can be done there.

I guess my question to anyone who's taken the exam is how difficult was it and what was your experience going in?  I'd be challenging the cert, out of pocket, so I don't want to blow it.  OTOH, I've spent way too much time studying for some other exams...  When I read through the very small objective list here but honestly it seems pretty non-descriptive when compared to some of the other SANS certs.

http://www.giac.org/certbulletin/grem.php

Thanks in advance for any insight you can provide.
Certifications: CREA, MCSE: Security, CCNA, Security+, other junk
<<

UNIX

Post Sun Jul 18, 2010 3:56 am

Re: Anyone taken GREM (the cert)?

I think there is soon a full review about the 5day version available here at EH-Net which probably answers some of your questions. Dropping the author of GREM, Lenny Zeltser, directly an e-mail might help also.
<<

recon

Post Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:26 pm

I also look forward to the answer and review of the GREM course. I'm new to using IDA and it looks really interesting.

recon

awesec wrote:I think there is soon a full review about the 5day version available here at EH-Net which probably answers some of your questions. Dropping the author of GREM, Lenny Zeltser, directly an e-mail might help also.
GCIH
<<

UNIX

Post Fri Aug 06, 2010 12:14 am

Well, the review was already published on the main site.
<<

recon

Post Sat Aug 07, 2010 10:09 pm

Awesec:
Thanks for letting me know. I'll check it out.

recon

awesec wrote:Well, the review was already published on the main site.
GCIH

Return to General Certification