What do you think of NGSEC Security Certification?

<<

morpheus063

Post Mon Aug 14, 2006 12:45 am

What do you think of NGSEC Security Certification?

Hi All,

NGSEC Security Certification is a service that certifies your real Security/Hacking skills.

Unlike other security certifications, its focus is to certify your security knowledge and skills through theorical and practical tests.

The test consists of 5 practical challenges as well as theoretical questions. You need to finish the tests within 24 hours after registration and need a score of at least 75/100 to become certified.

The most interesting part is that during the online exam, the student can use any available resource in Internet, since this Certification does not require unreal academic, memorization, preparation or alike in security issues.

After you have passed the certification tests, you will recieve a certification in form of a PDF file which can be checked by NGSec's server.

More info available at:

http://www.ngsec.com/ngservices/ngcert/

Does any one have any exposure to NGSEC Security Certification?

Regards,

Morpheus
Manu Zacharia
MVP (Enterprise Security), ISLA-2010 (ISC)², C|EH, C|HFI, CCNA, MCP,
Certified ISO 27001:2005 Lead Auditor

[b]There are 3 roads to spoil; women, gambling & hacking. The most pleasant with women, the quickest with gambling, but the surest is hacking - c0c0n
<<

Hug_It

Post Mon Aug 14, 2006 12:10 pm

Re: What do you think of NGSEC Security Certification?

Looks interesting but I must be inept because I couldn't find any information on it. What's the cost, how do you sign up, what's the depth of knowledge? Seems like they had a good idea then never really followed through with it. LOL
CISSP
<<

morpheus063

Post Mon Aug 14, 2006 8:18 pm

Re: What do you think of NGSEC Security Certification?

Hug_It wrote:Looks interesting but I must be inept because I couldn't find any information on it. What's the cost, how do you sign up, what's the depth of knowledge? Seems like they had a good idea then never really followed through with it. LOL

Hi Hug_it,

The most interesting part is that the certification is free. What you have to do is, click on the "register" link, provide your name and email ID and they will send you the log in name and password for the online exam. You have 24 hours to complete the exam.

Sounds interesting to me. Please dont forget to discuss the standards of the questions if anybody is taking the exams.

Regards,

Morpheus
Manu Zacharia
MVP (Enterprise Security), ISLA-2010 (ISC)², C|EH, C|HFI, CCNA, MCP,
Certified ISO 27001:2005 Lead Auditor

[b]There are 3 roads to spoil; women, gambling & hacking. The most pleasant with women, the quickest with gambling, but the surest is hacking - c0c0n

Return to General Certification