port 3389 RDP ..

<<

rebrov

Post Tue Jul 13, 2010 4:08 pm

port 3389 RDP ..

Im on a Network that has 2 Interfaces for NIC .. because the Admin running Mikrotik server

so the ip 192.168.1.2 is for speedtouch 530 router and the ip 10.0.0.1 is to access the Mikrotik server it self ...

the problem is i want to access my pc from outside making wan connection

i logged to the Router 192.168.1.2 via telnet and added my local ip under port 3389 at the NAT protocol so it mapped now ... but its still doesn't work

should i open port at Mikrotik server also !! ?

because im taking ip 10.0.0.167 and thats for the Mikrotik server its a local ip

maybe the traffic when it pass the router and hit the Mikrotik server firewall it has been droped because the Server didnt' allow it to throw the server network

AM i right ! ?
<<

KrisTeason

Post Tue Jul 13, 2010 4:28 pm

Re: port 3389 RDP ..

"the problem is i want to access my pc from outside making wan connection "

I've got to ask, is Team Viewer an option here? With team viewer your given an ID and a generated password. You could connect to it anywhere without having ports forwarded through your NAT devices - you'd just have to allow it passed the local firewall. After you get it setup on the machine you want to connect out to, you get team viewer fired up on your machine and connect out to other machine using the ID generated by their team viewer app. It comes in handy.
eCPPT (Silver/Gold), eWPT, GSEC, GISP, GCIH, OSCP, OSWP
<<

rebrov

Post Tue Jul 13, 2010 4:53 pm

Re: port 3389 RDP ..

xXxKrisxXx wrote:"the problem is i want to access my pc from outside making wan connection "

I've got to ask, is Team Viewer an option here? With team viewer your given an ID and a generated password. You could connect to it anywhere without having ports forwarded through your NAT devices - you'd just have to allow it passed the local firewall. After you get it setup on the machine you want to connect out to, you get team viewer fired up on your machine and connect out to other machine using the ID generated by their team viewer app. It comes in handy.

i know team viewer i used it be4 alot but i might go to places im not authorised to download any softwares there just the apps on the machine

i just want to know this because if this doesn't work ...the reverse connection on clinet-side attack wont work either u got me ?

Return to Network Pen Testing